Hacking 2DS XL FW Inquriy.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's fine to download the accompanying update title (0004000e) for a game (00040000) from HOME Menu or Nintendo eShop. If you're worried about installing updates for pirated game CIAs, Nintendo doesn't seem to care about the 3DS anymore. You won't get banned.
Oh, whoops. I wasn't aware you could do that. I guess people are usually asking about updates for out-of-region titles.

Reactions: defunct32

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Oh yes, I wanted to ask but I'm off my laptop now, wanted to know if there are any files I can delete off the SD card as there are indeed many folders and files in there. I will share a screenshot later in the day, please do kindly advice.

Thanks in advance.

EDITED TO ADD:

I just noticed FBI acts like an explorer, so here are the screens, anything I can delete off there to make it look more organized and what files to keep so there won't be any issues with using CFW.

20201115_030224.jpg 20201115_030241.jpg 20201115_030247.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited by defunct32,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Oh yes, I wanted to ask but I'm off my laptop now, wanted to know if there are any files I can delete off the SD card as there are indeed many folders and files in there. I will share a screenshot later in the day, please do kindly advice.

Thanks in advance.

EDITED TO ADD:

I just noticed FBI acts like an explorer, so here are the screens, anything I can delete off there to make it look more organized and what files to keep so there won't be any issues with using CFW.

View attachment 233909 View attachment 233910 View attachment 233911

Thanks.
There's an option on GM9Megascript that helps to delete unuseful/obsolete files:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup.html (read Section VI and VII)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just in case you are ever tempted to do so: never delete anything in FBI that you do not recognize. A lot of people mess up their systems that way, and having extra stuff sitting around has never caused any issues.

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
There's an option on GM9Megascript that helps to delete unuseful/obsolete files:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup.html (read Section VI and VII)

Thanks, I actually already did that before, still have a lot of leftover junks in the SD card.

Just in case you are ever tempted to do so: never delete anything in FBI that you do not recognize. A lot of people mess up their systems that way, and having extra stuff sitting around has never caused any issues.

I see, I see, noted then. I will leave it as is then.

EDIT:

I'm looking to upgrade my 64 GB to 128 GB, is this video step-by-step accurate?

Basically:

1. Format new 128 GB card using GodMode9.
2. Copy EVERYTHING from old 64 GB card to the new card.
3. Done.

Thanks all! :)

Last edited by defunct32,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Format new 128 GB card using GodMode9.
2. Copy EVERYTHING from old 64 GB card to the new card.
3. Done.
In general, following video guides is a bad idea. But indeed, there really isn't much else you need to do for something like this.

I advise using Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier to copy stuff to and from SD cards. (There is no proof that Windows causes problems, but it's a little suspicious how often people post about how their SD cards worked just fine until they started trying to copy files using Windows .)

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
In general, following video guides is a bad idea. But indeed, there really isn't much else you need to do for something like this.

I advise using Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier to copy stuff to and from SD cards. (There is no proof that Windows causes problems, but it's a little suspicious how often people post about how their SD cards worked just fine until they started trying to copy files using Windows .)

Thank you, you have been a great help! The procedure is correct, right? Except, as per your advice, use Roadkil's copier as Windows is kind of sus and may cause issues.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thanks, I actually already did that before, still have a lot of leftover junks in the SD card.
Ok. I would say, then, that just keep the next list of files and folders on your SD card:

Folders
  • 3ds
  • _nds (if you are using TWLMenu or DS forwarders)
  • cias, roms (only if you have inside an important .cia for you or roms files for emulators)
  • DCIM
  • fbi
  • gm9
  • JKSV, mhst, mhxx (only if you are still using those specific homebrews or if you have save files, or another related/important files, inside)
  • luma
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • plugins (only if you are using plugins either for Luma CFW or NTR CFW)
  • Themes (if you are using/installing custom HOME Menu themes with Anemone or Themely)
Files
  • boot.firm and boot.3dsx

qbdp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, you have been a great help! The procedure is correct, right? Except, as per your advice, use Roadkil's copier as Windows is kind of sus and may cause issues.
It really is that simple. You can use Roadkil's copier if you want, but generally Windows explorer works fine. Use GodMode9 to format the new SD card, while that is happening copy the contents of your old SD card to your computer. When GodMod9 is done, plug that SD card into your computer and copy the contents of the old SD card onto the new one. Replace in your 2DS and it should work fine.

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Ok. I would say, then, that just keep the next list of files and folders on your SD card:

Folders
  • 3ds
  • _nds (if you are using TWLMenu or DS forwarders)
  • cias, roms (only if you have inside an important .cia for you or roms files for emulators)
  • DCIM
  • fbi
  • gm9
  • JKSV, mhst, mhxx (only if you are still using those specific homebrews or if you have save files, or another related/important files, inside)
  • luma
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • plugins (only if you are using plugins either for Luma CFW or NTR CFW)
  • Themes (if you are using/installing custom HOME Menu themes with Anemone or Themely)
Files
  • boot.firm and boot.3dsx

It really is that simple. You can use Roadkil's copier if you want, but generally Windows explorer works fine. Use GodMode9 to format the new SD card, while that is happening copy the contents of your old SD card to your computer. When GodMod9 is done, plug that SD card into your computer and copy the contents of the old SD card onto the new one. Replace in your 2DS and it should work fine.

You all are amazing! Appreciate all the help and advices guys! :) thank youuu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-