Homebrew 2ds w/ RxTools cfw and o3ds w/o CFW at 11.0.0-33, downgrade possible?

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2ds with RxTools CFW SysNand at 9.2 and EmuNand at 11.0, and a o3ds at SysNand 11.0.
Is it possible for me to downgrade the o3ds without hardmodding it?

Atm I use HomeMenuHax on my o3ds to enter HBL, and on my 2ds I use HomeMenuHax to enter CtrBootManager which can let me boot into the HBL or RxTools.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yes, but the fact that they're not like o3ds & o3ds or n3ds and n3ds
2ds and o3ds

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shoot, so it's not possible without buying one of the Dsiware games listed on the tutorial? I just yesterday bought Pokemon Yellow on the eShop, darn.

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know, I'll be going out tomorrow to get a Nintendo Shop card. i have Fieldrunner's page up on the CFW 2ds rn, will keep it up while charging so I don't forget. $10 is a small price to pay to downgrade my o3ds I got yesterday :)
From 10.4 I can go to 9.2, right?
Also, is arm9loaderhax easy to setup? I know for certain I didn't use that when I set up my 2ds way back when for CFW. Is it possible to use the dsiware downgrade without arm9loaderhax? If not, can I easily set that up from an existing EmuNand?

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Yes I know, I'll be going out tomorrow to get a Nintendo Shop card. i have Fieldrunner's page up on the CFW 2ds rn, will keep it up while charging so I don't forget. $10 is a small price to pay to downgrade my o3ds I got yesterday :)
From 10.4 I can go to 9.2, right?
Also, is arm9loaderhax easy to setup? I know for certain I didn't use that when I set up my 2ds way back when for CFW. Is it possible to use the dsiware downgrade without arm9loaderhax? If not, can I easily set that up from an existing EmuNand?
Yes, to setup arm9loaderhax, just follow this guide.
It's very easy and quick!
First downgrade to 9.2 https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9)
Then follow the rest! https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(2.1.0-ctrtransfer)

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recomended, and since it is so quick and fast(besides safe), it is required for the best 3ds hacking experience ;)
Can I skip "Section V - Restoring 3DS #1" if I don't plan to use 3DS #1 ever again?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't want to go through the hassle of getting arm9loaderhax on the 2ds because I'll never use it again, but I'll use it on the o3ds i just got after it's downgraded.

It seems dangerous to try to get arm9loaderhax on the 2ds because it's EmuNand is already setup and I don't want to screw something up.

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Can I skip "Section V - Restoring 3DS #1" if I don't plan to use 3DS #1 ever again?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't want to go through the hassle of getting arm9loaderhax on the 2ds because I'll never use it again, but I'll use it on the o3ds i just got after it's downgraded.
I would do that part even if you plan of not using it again(future proofing it).
Besides, it doesn't take that long to restore your first 3ds

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would do that part even if you plan of not using it again(future proofing it).
Besides, it doesn't take that long to restore your first 3ds
Is it possible for me to basically wipe the 2ds and preserve the 9.2 SysNand so I can start fresh when setting up arm9loaderhax?

Edit: I appreciate the help btw. You really know your stuff.

Last edited by Ayukito,

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, when you finish downgrading to 9.2, just do a system format, if that's what you mean
And that will keep 9.2 and remove the current CFW, so I can set up arm9loaderhax on the 2ds? (the 3ds that will be used to dsiware downgrade the o3ds I just got)

What I plan to do once I have the Card, is:
wipe the 2ds
set up arm9loaderhax on it like the tutorial recommends
use the 2ds with arm9loaderhax to downgrade my o3ds I just got
and then use HBL to downgrade
then set up arm9loaderhax on the o3ds once it's on 9.2

anything I missed?

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
And that will keep 9.2 and remove the current CFW, so I can set up arm9loaderhax on the 2ds? (the 3ds that will be used to dsiware downgrade the o3ds I just got)

What I plan to do once I have the Card, is:
wipe the 2ds
set up arm9loaderhax on it like the tutorial recommends
use the 2ds with arm9loaderhax to downgrade my o3ds I just got
and then use HBL to downgrade
then set up arm9loaderhax on the o3ds once it's on 9.2

anything I missed?
nope, you're good.
note that to setup arm9loaderhax you'll have to downgrade your 3ds to 2.1 and then update to 9.2(and then to 11.0) again.
Don't worry, just follow the guide until the end and everything shall be okay! :yay3ds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool