2DS sysNAND 6.0.0-12U & trying to use PKHex

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Noctrine, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Noctrine
    OP

Noctrine Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2009
    Indonesia
  2. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    honestly the whole cfw experience is . . . well an experience you will not understand it all before fou install it (most people get an accomplished feeling when cfw installation is complete because of just how much they learned/completed along the way)

with that said you will not need to update sysnand for this (you play games from emunend and you will likely want to update emunand for game comparability anyway)

edit: the point of updating sysnand is to boot cfw with only the initial press of the power button

Last edited by wormdood, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Noctrine
    OP

Noctrine Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2009
    Indonesia
    Actually, I've tried to install this before, and yes, I know that accomplished feeling, especially because of the fact that I'm not really familiar with computer or programming stuff. :)
    But the outcome seems to be a problem, that I decided to redo the installation.

Speaking of emuNAND, when I first successfully booted the emuNAND from RXMODE, I checked the System Settings for version. It said "RX-E 6.0.0-12U". But when I went back to the Home Menu, and checked the version again, it said "Version 6.0.0-12U"; which means I'm in sysNAND. At this point, I thought that I might messed up the installation process, and decided to reinstall and ask around.

It would be great to know what are your thoughts on my previous installation attempt.

Well I'll give this another try. Thanks for the quick response!

4. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    thats normal because of the needed permissions system settings has it does not run in sysnand or emunand but 3ds service mode and when you exit settings it puts you back in sysnand so you did in fact properly install cfw the first time

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    There is no "service mode" and it runs in sysNAND/emuNAND. But it's designed to restart the 3DS in order to apply the settings, which means it goes back to sysNAND.

6. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Well technically it runs in elevated privilege mode or something so that it can have the rights to change certain things. But then it has to restart the 3DS when you exit and basically that doesn't really change anything, just semantics.

7. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    true thats not its name i herd it explained as but from everything i have read it is definitely not normal sysnand/emunand when its running system settings but i will toss in a reminder that i am obviously no kind of dev or anything like that and again this is only what i have read

8. Noctrine
    OP

Noctrine Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2009
    Indonesia
    Successfully exported the main file, edited it, and imported it back to see the changes in game!

9. Noctrine
    OP

Noctrine Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2009
    Indonesia
    Oh and one more thing. If I were to update the sysNAND to 6.1 (via cartridge "nag") in order to launch X/Y game, will I still be able to boot rxTools and use the savedatafiler?

10. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    this is the bad way to do it game card updates are often incomplete and contain stub files
    you want update? do it like this
    taken from this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

Last edited by wormdood, Dec 10, 2015
    samiam144 likes this.
  11. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Use sysupdater to update to 9.2 Pay Attention to the above tutorial and dont skip any steps. Make sure you jave a nand back up before anything.

wormdood likes this.
  12. Noctrine
    OP

Noctrine Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2009
    Indonesia
    Gonna try that but the brick warning got me thinking :unsure:

Thanks for the advice! But I'll stick with 6.0 for the moment.

13. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA

Can't brick if you do all the steps and don't skip any...

14. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    it is safe if as @vb_encryption_vb said you follow all the instructions properly
    . . . i don't want to sound rude but if you cook your own food there is a chance you can kill yourself or others with your kitchen knife . . . but as long as your careful and take your time all will be good especially your meal . . . am i making sense here

Ammako and samiam144 like this.