2DS Suggested Price Drops to $79.99

uIXYwVA.jpg

For all of you late adopters to the 3DS family - hold on just a little bit longer! Come May 20th, 2016 the suggested retail price of Nintendo's increasingly affordable 2DS system drops $20 - from $99.99 to just $79.99.

In addition, some systems will even come installed with Mario Kart 7, arguably one of the console's biggest "must have" game.

That $20 savings can then be reinvested in, you guessed it, more games! 'Nintendo Selects' Reprints of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Yoshi's New Island, Mario Party: Island Tour, and more can be bought for $19.99.

As many will point out, the 2DS does not allow you to play games in 3D, but aside from a few NEW 3DS exclusives, it plays all of the same games that the regular 3DS can. For those with children, those who don't care about 3D, and just overall cost efficient consumers; May 20th is the best time to jump on board the handheld hype train!

:arrow: Source: BusinessWire

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how people could play with 3D for extended amounts of time. It's distracting and bothers me after a couple of minutes. I usually turn it on rarely just to see how a game looks with 3D, but it's such a minuscule, uninteresting gimmick. There are games which don't have 3D function and honestly, I don't think anybody really cares if they do.

I don't understand how people can get distracted or bothered after a couple of minutes of playing games in 3D, or consider it an uninteresting gimmick. Oh, wait... YES I DO UNDERSTAND! I understand, because even though i feel completely the opposite on all counts, I utilize my human capacity for empathy to imagine what it must be like to have that very different impression of the parallax barrier 3D effect. From reading and researching, I realize that some people's eye placement, combined with other factors, such as a predisposition to motion sickness, or an overly dominant eye on one side or the other, among many other variables, can cause the 3D effect to be a nausea-inducing experience, or at the very least, uncomfortable, and annoying/distracting/etc. As for me, I've encountered a couple of non-3D games lately, namely, Final fantasy Explorers, and 7th Dragon III: blah blah blah (can't remember title), and I, for one, REALLY care that they don't have 3D.. it's actually a deal-breaker for me, or almost, in the case of FF explorers, which barely makes up for the lack of 3D, by inducing the same pleasurable experience that i used to get while playing FFXI online, years ago.

sorry for the diatribe, but my point can be distilled into this main idea: As human beings, we have the ability to equip the ability "empathy". it doesn't use much AP or MP, and it can help to avoid the mistake of assuming everyone shares the same perspective as you. so, Empathy... use it! i think there's a green hat somewhere in bravely second that can boost empathy by 22! (JK... i hope my post isn't misinterpreted as cocky or rude.. I just wanted to mention that some of us really love playing in 3D, and I was hoping some humor would lighten it up a bit)

Reactions: KSP

NCorp.

Trophies
Website
ncorpsshack.blogspot.in
XP
Country
India
why the hell do brazilians have to ALWAYS tell that electronics are expensive in there (due to taxes)...
everytime people discuss the price of something there is always a brazilian shoving other's people's face about how expensive it is on their country...
At least its not as expensive like in India :)

Rates (in India) -> 2DS = $210
-> N3DSXL = $300
-> N3DS = $250
-> O3DSXL = $240
-> O3DS = N/A

:cry::P:cry::hateit:

By the way I got mine for $235 (Discount Sales :) ) - O3DSXL

Last edited by NCorp.,
Reactions: migles

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
At least its not as expensive like in India :)

Rates (in India) -> 2DS = $210
-> N3DSXL = $300
-> N3DS = $250
-> O3DSXL = $240
-> O3DS = N/A

:cry::P:cry::hateit:

By the way I got mine for $235 (Discount Sales :) ) - O3DSXL
see?
i never seen indians shoving on our faces about prices of videogames...
i can assure you there are lots of threads (and other forums) where Brazilians must bragg about prices on their country
but it's the first time i heard about india...

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how people can get distracted or bothered after a couple of minutes of playing games in 3D, or consider it an uninteresting gimmick. Oh, wait... YES I DO UNDERSTAND! I understand, because even though i feel completely the opposite on all counts, I utilize my human capacity for empathy to imagine what it must be like to have that very different impression of the parallax barrier 3D effect. From reading and researching, I realize that some people's eye placement, combined with other factors, such as a predisposition to motion sickness, or an overly dominant eye on one side or the other, among many other variables, can cause the 3D effect to be a nausea-inducing experience, or at the very least, uncomfortable, and annoying/distracting/etc. As for me, I've encountered a couple of non-3D games lately, namely, Final fantasy Explorers, and 7th Dragon III: blah blah blah (can't remember title), and I, for one, REALLY care that they don't have 3D.. it's actually a deal-breaker for me, or almost, in the case of FF explorers, which barely makes up for the lack of 3D, by inducing the same pleasurable experience that i used to get while playing FFXI online, years ago.

sorry for the diatribe, but my point can be distilled into this main idea: As human beings, we have the ability to equip the ability "empathy". it doesn't use much AP or MP, and it can help to avoid the mistake of assuming everyone shares the same perspective as you. so, Empathy... use it! i think there's a green hat somewhere in bravely second that can boost empathy by 22! (JK... i hope my post isn't misinterpreted as cocky or rude.. I just wanted to mention that some of us really love playing in 3D, and I was hoping some humor would lighten it up a bit)
I think you're taking this way too seriously. Empathy has literally nothing to do with this.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Smash Bros isn't really a "must-have" game series, like most fighting games. Not to mention, the fourth iteration on 3DS and Wii U has by far been the weakest release of the series. It's only on the fourth iteration and the series is already stagnating. Here's hoping the developer makes it more interesting next time around.

Are you joking? What you just said was complete nonsense.

3DS already looks cheap and childish, this does even more.

I agree that 2DS has to be like this but Nintendo could've made 3DS and New 3DS with a better design.

Also, it's more voluminous and heavy than it should be.

Doesn't look cheap and childish, especially the new 3ds'.

So... Subjective opinions, yeah!

I can look at the 3d screen for years if I really wanted to, but to me it would get boring. After all real life is 3d enough as it is.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wander if they will ever release sky3ds++? lol
Kind of a weird thing to say. I mean, it is kind of like a person who can only see 2d and saying "2d screens would get boring. Life is 2d enough." or the same with color vs black and white. "Life is colored enough." If anything, you should be bored of 2d screens, since we had it for so long. Can't wait for 3d to become the norm.

If it didn't effect battery life, 3d would permanently stay on for me.
Wonder if the New 3ds will get a price cut soon.

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aman brotha.

Thank you, its very rare to see people defending us 3D lovers. Its usually the opposite way around.

Yes, the lack of 3D in 7th Dragon and FF Explorer may mean that I will never play those games. It's reached a point where I can no longer play through a 3DS game in 2D, I've been spoiled by that sweet sweet empty space feeling.

The sad things a lot of these games that don't support 3D could have easily supported 3D if they didn't try to write a unified code for both O3DS and N3DS, 7th Dragon, FF Explorer, etc can all run in 3D perfectly in N3DS, but because its a cross release they essentially nerf these games so that they can sell one version for both O3DS and N3DS.

This is one of the bad things about a console manufacturer splitting the userbase with 2 different console specs. You either get a bunch of games that only work on the new console or in our case get a bunch of games that are designed based off the old console specs.

There is no reason why 7th Dragon and FF Explorer cannot run in 3D when Xenoblade which is infinitely more graphically complex can run fine in 3D. These games are intentionally nerfed to support both old and new consoles. You'd think that they would at least put into a patch for N3DS owners to activate the 3D, but they don't.

Last edited by KSP,

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Doesn't look cheap and childish, especially the new 3ds'.

So... Subjective opinions, yeah!

It's just plastic, the metallic appearance is just two removable plates.

The console uses a stylus when everybody moved from it, do you know what it remembers me? this:
mini-quadro-magico-ppg-dtc-13775-MLB4325584199_052013-F.jpg

the touch barely works if not using the stylus, the accuracy is just terrible.

The colors and combinations make it seem more of a toy than anything else.
It's designed for kids so I get it.

but ook at smartphones and Vita and you'll see how it's clunky, weights more than it should.
Why do you have to use a screwdriver to get the MicroSD from it?
Why is the catridge on the bottom part of the handheld instead of the top one?
Why is the Stylus on the botton part instead of the lateral one?
The plastic even feels cheap when touching it.
The hinge is very fragile and can break with ease.

I could keep going saying, but I guess you can already see how it is

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you have to use a screwdriver to get the MicroSD from it?
Why is the catridge on the bottom part of the handheld instead of the top one?

To ruin piracy for everyone. This was intentional knowing that the only people needing access to the sd card all the time are pirates.
Also to ruin piracy for everyone. This was intentional knowing that the Sky 3DS button is located on the cartridge placing the card on the bottom makes it easier for you to press the button during play. Also they know that GW cards are finicky and like to freeze so again, allowing you to nudge the card during play is designed to ruin your piracy fun.

Reactions: Ryccardo

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To ruin piracy for everyone. This was intentional knowing that the only people needing access to the sd card all the time are pirates.
Also to ruin piracy for everyone. This was intentional knowing that the Sky 3DS button is located on the cartridge placing the card on the bottom makes it easier for you to press the button during play. Also they know that GW cards are finicky and like to freeze so again, allowing you to nudge the card during play is designed to ruin your piracy fun.

PSVita doesn't do this shit and it's still more secure than 3DS

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's cause Sony hires real security experts for their consoles, while Nintendo hires anybody off the street.

Whcih means Nintendo should stop doing things poorly. It's time to step your game Nintendo.
Their OS is a slow, the e-shop is a mess, there are few Virtual Console titles and there aren't GBA ones, beside ambassadors'.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just plastic, the metallic appearance is just two removable plates.

The console uses a stylus when everybody moved from it, do you know what it remembers me? this:
*nonsensical pic

the touch barely works if not using the stylus, the accuracy is just terrible.

The colors and combinations make it seem more of a toy than anything else. More of that subjective opinion.
It's designed for kids so I get it.

but ook at smartphones and Vita and you'll see how it's clunky (subject...) , weights more than it should.
Why do you have to use a screwdriver to get the MicroSD from it
The same reason why you need to use a tool on some phones to get to the sd/sim slot. So, it's secured.
Why is the catridge on the bottom part of the handheld instead of the top one? That matters because?
Why is the Stylus on the botton part instead of the lateral one? That matters because?
The plastic even feels cheap when touching it. Subjective..
The hinge is very fragile and can break with ease. Maybe your unit, not mind. Still have the original 3ds. Unless you are purposely trying to break the thing.
I could keep going saying, but I guess you can already see how it is

Funny because even Apple is bringing the stylus back and so what? I like the stylus.
It is a good thing all the 3ds' don't look like that picture.
Never had a problem with the touchscreen.

They specifically made the 2ds for kids and to be cheaper, so no. 3ds is designed for general use.

You do realize 3ds has more hardware than both the Vita and especially phones, right? How do you know how much it "should" weight? You keep saying, "why did they do this?" when they were clearly trying to stuff in as much as they could in the same package (hardware).

I see how it is. I see that we aren't going to agree. You remind me of the guys that think glass over the whole phone is a good idea.

Food

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad they don't make a "New" version of these, as powerful as the New 3DS, but can't use 3D. I'm not in the mood to spent 150$+ on another N3DS.
i could be wrong on this but didn't japan come out with a revised version of the 2ds?

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my 2DS on Christmas of 2014 Or 15. So it was like $100 then but it's nice for the people who haven't gotten a 3DS console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: