2DS on FW 6.. Whats my best option?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by fuctfuct, May 21, 2015.

1. fuctfuct
    OP

fuctfuct GBAtemp Fan

May 8, 2006
    Canada
    B.C. Canada
    I just got a 2DS in the mail. I plan to order a flash card.

I'd like to play the Mario Kart game included. But it wants me to update to download it. Not sure i want to update before I decide what to do. Will this work for that?
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...eshop-and-more-on-new-3ds-and-old-3ds.386591/

As far as flash cards go.. Cubic Ninja Pasta CFW, Gateway 3DS, Sky3DS... What's my best option?

Also, i'd like to get a DS mode cart. The R4i 3DS RTS seems to ship with a firmware that works on 3DS V9.4.0-21RTS out of the box. Will i be able to update it VIA a 2DS on 9.7 (If i update)? Or will i need a DSL (Don't have one) to do that ? :/

2. kactusss

kactusss GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    France
    If you only want to play Mario Kart you can use NTR CFW with firmware spoofing to download the update.

I am not sure about DS mode cart..

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That only works on n3DS though. If he had the browser he could use the browser version of the FW spoof, but it's not included with 2/3DSes out of the box.
    GW relies on the browser, so it won't work.
    NINJHAX relies on the browser, so it won't work. By extension, PastaCFW won't work either.
    BUT he can use another 3DS on <= 9.2 that has the browser installed in order to install NINJHAX (or get someone else to send him a save with NINJHAX already on it then he can flash it with a save dongle)

Pretty much your only option is to get Cubic Ninja and install NINJHAX using another console (or ask someone to send you a savefile with it installed and use a save dongle to flash the save to your cart) because of what I mentioned above. Once you have that, you can run PastaCFW, update your system/install browser with CIAs and use GW if you want. PastaCFW is plenty good enough though, no need for GW anymore :)
    I wouldn't bother with the Sky3DS either, their support is crap, the build quality is crap, and it's too expensive. PastaCFW is much better (plus free)

4. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    The gateway includes a ds flashcart. The only downsite is that you need the browser to use the red card. You can also use the pasta cfw, but it require cubic ninja (for now). Anyway, don't update past 9.2.

5. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    2DS != N3DS. eShop spoof will still accomplish what's stated for but NTR isn't the means. See this thread.

If your Mario Kart is a legit cart, none of them are needed, see above.

If you want "other" things, it's down to what's available. If you can easily get a copy of Cubic Ninja then you can work with Pasta or just the "legit CIAs" floating around that don't need hacks to run. Past that it's Sky if you want the Cubic Ninja method without Cubic Ninja or to play on latest firmware (for now, and invalidating the previous statement). Gateway if you want EmuNAND for various reasons such as 9.4+ eShop titles.

For DS mode, the cart is up to the cart, really. My DSTWO could be updated from a 3DS, but the one in question may not or may already just work anyway.

6. Testo90

Testo90 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Badung, Bali, Indonesia
    Got a 7.2 2DS so Pasta CFW is Not working with it, because i cant use ninjahax?

7. VerseHell

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    It does, but you need cn

8. fuctfuct
    OP

fuctfuct GBAtemp Fan

May 8, 2006
    Canada
    B.C. Canada
    OLD 3DS METHOD

Download the code.bin
    Copy it to the root of your SD card
    Launch the web browser
    Clear cookies and history
    Go to loadcode.projectpokemon.org
    Wait for the load bar and the message "failed to load" to disappear
    Press Home
    Done !

Then what? just access the eshop? I only mentioned Mario cart because id like to access the game (I have nothing else to play) without updating before i figure out if im going to buy a sky3ds or try pasta.

9. Testo90

Testo90 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Badung, Bali, Indonesia
    Thank you, i got CN ;)

10. fuctfuct
    OP

fuctfuct GBAtemp Fan

May 8, 2006
    Canada
    B.C. Canada
    The spoof thing only works from 9.0 to 9.2?

11. VerseHell

Jun 29, 2014
    France
  12. fuctfuct
    OP

fuctfuct GBAtemp Fan

May 8, 2006
    Canada
    B.C. Canada
    Don't i need CN for that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice