Fabbbrrr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi all!

I've been reading a lot about CFW for 3ds, and since I bought a n3ds/sky3ds few months ago, I've been out the scene for a while.

Now I have my old american 2ds (I live in Australia now) in 9.2fw version and I'm thinking in give that one as a gift to my little sister... so what I want to know is...

Which CFW has support for 2ds?
Which one is the most recommended one for a newbie/starter?

Since I have the sky3ds, I can install ninjahax using a cubic ninja or OOT, but then I'll send the console to Argentina again without the CN/OOT/SKY3ds... so will be possible to keep installing games after the installation process once I have everything set up?

I know I have many questions, but I've been reading and I cannot find those answers anywhere.

Thanks a lot and happy gaming!

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi all!

I've been reading a lot about CFW for 3ds, and since I bought a n3ds/sky3ds few months ago, I've been out the scene for a while.

Now I have my old american 2ds (I live in Australia now) in 9.2fw version and I'm thinking in give that one as a gift to my little sister... so what I want to know is...

Which CFW has support for 2ds?
Which one is the most recommended one for a newbie/starter?

Since I have the sky3ds, I can install ninjahax using a cubic ninja or OOT, but then I'll send the console to Argentina again without the CN/OOT/SKY3ds... so will be possible to keep installing games after the installation process once I have everything set up?

I know I have many questions, but I've been reading and I cannot find those answers anywhere.

Thanks a lot and happy gaming!

Well, I just knew of this and did this to my old 2DS....

Currently rxtools has support for 2DS. MSET.
Yessir you've heard right. Rxtools supports MSET, which means that you don't really need a flashcart to set it up!

Just follow the steps on this thread. Read it thoroughly.

Also, make sure you leave a note for your little sis. I trust that she is of a knowledgeable age and can understand NOT to update firmware via sysnand.

Reactions: Fabbbrrr

Fabbbrrr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks man!

Last night I followed that amazing tutorial and now I have my 2ds with rxtools working!... I'm still have to do the MSET section, but I think I'll be able to do that without issues :)

It is REALLY easy to follow and I did the 'hardest way', using the FBI Injection, since I was too lazy to load Cubic ninja in the sky3ds :P

Thanks again!

Fabbbrrr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, I just knew of this and did this to my old 2DS....

Currently rxtools has support for 2DS. MSET.
Yessir you've heard right. Rxtools supports MSET, which means that you don't really need a flashcart to set it up!

Just follow the steps on this thread. Read it thoroughly.

Also, make sure you leave a note for your little sis. I trust that she is of a knowledgeable age and can understand NOT to update firmware via sysnand.
Hey I'm trying to download the MSET 6.x for the USA version and I got a HTTP 404 error :(. Do you have that file in your PC/sdcard? I cannot find it anywhere!

Thanks in advance.

Fabbbrrr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's odd.
You DID install python already did you?
And you DID run the right python file right?
Yeah yeah, I have python and everything is working fine except for that 404 I'm getting trying to download that file. I've tried other methods to download the file but Nintendo has deleted it... Do you have a backup there?

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah yeah, I have python and everything is working fine except for that 404 I'm getting trying to download that file. I've tried other methods to download the file but Nintendo has deleted it... Do you have a backup there?

Check your spaces. I just downloaded all three regions no problem.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an outage by region? Because when I said just I mean just did it then posted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, I managed to get the file. Now I'm getting ¨bad downgrade pack¨. I followed every step of the tutorial, not sure what is wrong :(

What I ended up doing is I went into sysnand, booted FBI, deleted the system title and installed the downgraded one. I don't think the other way works yet/ is broken again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool