2ds 11.4 save file to 11.2 Luma

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Crankkt, May 10, 2017.

1. Crankkt
    OP

Crankkt Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2017
    Canada
    Hello everyone. Bought a 2ds for christmas along with fantasy life it's using 11.4. Recently I purchased a used N3DS with luma cfw on 11.2. I realized the fantasy life save is not on the game card and am at a loss as to get my save file from my 2ds to my N3DS. I don't have any purchases on my 2ds (or any other data) that I know of besides the fantasy life save file that I'd like to transfer unless some other games do this as well. Is there anyway I can get my save file onto my new 3ds with one having cfw and different update?

Thanks

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Do a system transfer, this would be the easiest way, if you don't have data on the N3DS that you mind losing. Unless you can work out a way to get homebrew on the 2DS (not sure if possible) and use JKSM to extract the save, and use JKSM on the N3DS to import it to the cia version.

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    pretty much the above. u'll need to update the system though I believe (never done a system transfer) since both systems must be on the same firmware (the latest). make a backup of ur Nand first and update luma to the latest or else u might get a black screen.

4. Crankkt
    OP

Crankkt Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2017
    Canada
    I bought the N3DS used already with the firmware on it and I am new to the CFW/Homebrew. Will all the functions still work in 11.4? I thought 11.2 was kept unupdated for a reason so I haven't done the system update. On my N3DS I have only installed a few games via the freeshop. If I system transfer, what data will be lost off the new system? Will I have to put CFW back on it again?(myself...yikes)

5. ikkinomi

ikkinomi Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    France
    Somwhere you don't even know
    Can't he use http-ctpwn (Don't remember the name) on his n3ds (11.2) to bypass the version check ?

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you system transfer the data is overwritten with the data from the source system. So you'll have to install any games again etc. Any console that had CFW before will have it afterward. If the target console does not have CFW it won't have it after the transfer either (CFW is not transferred). This means pirated games wouldn't work.