Gaming 2D videos of multiple Nintendo3DS games

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are some nice videos of 3DS game play. Thanks.
smile.gif

Rukia-san

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Resident evil Revelation looks awesome, too bad it isn't a launch title.
unsure.gif
Thank you for the links it's sure looks interesting, although I'm still unsure about which game I should buy.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Most, if not all of the games shown have loading screens.
This means either:
1. They're super-early demos and the developers have no idea how not to have loading screens
2. Nintendo's anti-piracy involves reading an entire level of every 3DS game into the 3DS in order to play.
The later would mean saves are on the console, and carts would be cheaper to make.

JsdMaNintendo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rukia-san said:
unsure.gif
Thank you for the links it's sure looks interesting, although I'm still unsure about which game I should buy.

Here's an idea; Don't buy the games. Buy the system and get a hack when they release one.
biggrin.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jsdman1234 said:
Rukia-san said:
unsure.gif

Here's an idea; Don't buy the games. Buy the system and get a hack when they release one.
biggrin.gif
Or actually find legit ways to see if you like the games and actually buy them.
closedeyes.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Nollog said:
This means either:
1. They're super-early demos and the developers have no idea how not to have loading screens
2. Nintendo's anti-piracy involves reading an entire level of every 3DS game into the 3DS in order to play.
The later would mean saves are on the console, and carts would be cheaper to make.

3. There's data to load.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
Nollog said:
This means either:

3. There's data to load.
What? No, that's just stupid.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
At 4:21 of the first video, he/she wobbles the DS and it looks kind of weird, like it was reacting to the movement. Was this perhaps the gyroscopes doing?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
machomuu said:
Ramonra said:
Nollog said:
This means either:

3. There's data to load.
What? No, that's just stupid.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking
closedeyes.gif

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ramonra said:
3. There's data to load.
From a cartridge?
I'd love to see the data that takes 10 seconds to read with an average access time of 150ns if the carts are the exact same spec as DS carts.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
Ramonra said:
3. There's data to load.
From a cartridge?
I'd love to see the data that takes 10 seconds to read with an average access time of 150ns if the carts are the exact same spec as DS carts.

DS games over 64MB take roughly 25% longer to load data (from official cards). 3DS games will be upwards of 2GB at release, with higher capacities down the road.
The DS has 4MB of RAM. The 3DS has at least 64MB of RAM (though if the smuggled 3DS is part of the retail line, then it will have 96MB).

Also understand, DS/3DS cards are NOT cartridges. A cartridge, when inserted into the device, becomes an extension to the system's own memory, with an actual memory address that the device can access immediately and quickly. DS/3DS cards do not operate that way, but more closely resemble SD cards. (edit)Along with the fact that it uses a file-system, it won't be one single access and data streamed like playback of an MP3 file, but hundreds (or even thousands) of access requests because the device has to read from numerous section on the card. Sequential streaming is fast, but random access loading from multiple sections is not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: