25.99 USD for D2C is a good price?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fabulo, Mar 19, 2008.

1. fabulo
    OP

fabulo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    i want to buy a d2c chip, and found a site selling it with 25.99 USD (free shipping), is this a good price? And idea where to find a better price one?

The current finding will ship from HK to USA.

*take a look at the link if you want to see: http://www.volumerate.com/details.vr/sku.60001

2. malsuk

malsuk GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2007
    Essex, UK
    I deal with this site for stuff to sell. Please note it is better if you set up your own account with DHL to provide this company with a DHL account number for shipping this item. To setup a DHL account is free and painless. Then when the item is sent you will receive a bill from DHL to cover the shipping

3. superrob

superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Apr 4, 2007
    GBATemp factory.
    Well Volumevate is owned by dealextreme.com

And it looks like a clone... but Dealextreme is a very good webshop. I ordered like 14 times now from them.

4. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    It's a good chip, but you really need to be good in soldering, or get the flexpcb board, this makes it a little easier.

I would go for the wasabi chip now, it requires only 9 wires instead of 31 for the chip you choose now!

5. jeklnoo

jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    United States
    it's only so cheap because that chip is so outdated now, nobody would buy it otherwise. All the other available d2c chips require between 9 and 13 wires, instead of 31 (!) as mentioned above.

6. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    but the point is that it does work fine with all games.

So if you're good with a soldering iron this will be your cheapest option.

7. superrob

superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Apr 4, 2007
    GBATemp factory.
    Or get this + WiiClip V1 [​IMG]

8. fabulo
    OP

fabulo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    thanks for the help, i am new here, but i can feel that all of you are so friendly. so definitely i will enjoy stay here. lol.

yes, i know that d2c is quite hard to solder, but i was just asking whether this is a good price? anyway, i will looking some wasabi or some easier chips... lol.

thanks again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice