#2384 - Wall-E

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Vesper34, Jun 27, 2008.

Jun 27, 2008

#2384 - Wall-E by Vesper34 at 4:01 AM (2,218 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Vesper34
    OP

Newcomer Vesper34 Newbie

United States
    Just to let others know, I've got #2384 - Wall-E working on the R4DS (kernel 1.18) with the ARM7.BIN swap. I had to use the arm7.bin file from the link for the Hulk patch. (http://holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com/files/MaxCrassMethod.zip)

I used DSBuff for the arm7.bin swap since it's easier, one button! (Google for DSBuff since I forgot which place I actually got it)

My son is now happy!!! [​IMG] Now if only the R4DS people can get a kernel update so this won't have to be done on future roms...

2. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    What do you mean by working? Saving?
    'Cause I played the game the night it was out without modifying anything on it [​IMG]

3. Vesper34
    OP

Newcomer Vesper34 Newbie

United States
    I had the 'cannot open save data' error, similar to the Hulk game, everytime the game loaded to the screen that said "touch to start". The ROM was from the release group called x e n o p h o b i a.

I new to this arm7.bin patching, pretty much learning everything this evening...... so excuse my ignorance. I was just reporting my success in hopes it could help someone else.

The easiest place to learn for me was here:http://homepages.nyu.edu/~yl589/arm7.html

4. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Thank you! I was wondering if it was as simple, my 4yo brother keeps asking for it, since I have it for my PSP!

5. Icey

Member Icey GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's a Surprisingly fun game. the whole puzzle aspect is nice.
    Anyone else like it or am I alone? [​IMG]

6. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I haven't really started it much yet. Will it spoil the movie for me?

7. Icey

Member Icey GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Not as far as I've gotten.
    Which is about 5-6 missions in. (from one goal to another is 1)

8. Pyrofyr

United States
    It will not ruin the movie for you at all. It will follow some aspects, but it contains no dialogue or major character interaction from the movie at all, and therefore will not ruin it. At this point the movie is released though and I suggest you watch it first, it is a VERY great movie, the best one I've seen in years.

9. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm glad your son is playing it right now and your solution has already help other people, I was just wondering why was I able to play the rom without modifying anything. R4 FW1.18

10. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Thanks for the heads up! I was holding out on playing it, but I'll go see the movie in the next few days. You don't need to tell me to see it. I love the Pixar movies! [​IMG]

11. Pyrofyr

United States
    This is the last movie made by the original Pixar group, which were a group of men who had planned out a four movies (Monsters Inc, Toy Story/2, Finding Nemo, Wall-E;sequels don't count) that were pronounced to be instant hits, they went on to make Pixar, and start the movies, the first ones being instant hits, however one of the members died due to cancer(?), and so this movie (the last of the ones to be made by them) was put off a while to 'perfect' it.

I indeed do love ALL Pixar movies as well although I've skipped a few (Cars), I know that the rest of the team is great, but these four movies made by them are obviously on the top of my list, for all movies. The only thing I'd probably compare to them that I've seen would be "The Last Samurai".

Here is a copy of a post I made on another forum.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

12. djmattyb

Newcomer djmattyb Newbie

United States
    Thanks! This worked for me for The Incredible Hulk and Wall-E

13. EvilSpiderman

Newcomer EvilSpiderman Newbie

United States
    I got Wall E to work, but need to work on Hulk some more because that didn't work for me using the ARM7 swap. Really weird.