2358 Jake Hunter:Detective Chronicles

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SleepingDragon, Jun 14, 2008.

Jun 14, 2008
  1. SleepingDragon
    OP

Member SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, I've almost finished the first episode in Jake Hunter, and for those looking for another Hotel Dusk or Phoenix Wright experience, think again. This game is a hodgepodge of bad localization, cheesy music, and crappy artwork. Oh, and it's boring too. I'll report back after more is complete, that is, if I can continue to wade through this crap.

2. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    +1. I want a different take on PW, got a crappy shovelware game.

3. SleepingDragon
    OP

United States
    Well, I certainly don't hold PW in the Pantheon of gaming like some people do, but it is a solid, well-produced game. This isn't.

4. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    damn that sucks >.<

i didn't even notice it came out, was it reported under released games on da front page?

5. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    whew, just canceled downloading, Thanks for that.. [​IMG]

Is Elite Beat Agents any good?? Ive never played it and I feel in the detective mood.. (not PW though, played them) [​IMG]

6. distorted.freque

Member distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Canada
    Elite Beat Agents was fun...if you can stand the music. I honestly liked the second ouendan better though. >_>

It really sucks? D: Maaan. And I was looking forward for that too.

7. da_head

Canada
    eba is not a detective game. its a rhythm based game. and imo its very fun. in fact its the first ds game i ever played.\

EDIT: downloading? u mean um on ur way to purchase it from the store rite? [​IMG]

8. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    ummm, yeah, that was it [​IMG]

Thanks

9. SleepingDragon
    OP

United States
    Not reported under released games quite yet. It was dumped about 2 hours ago (at least that's when I found it). And I hate to think someone doesn't try a game based on my review. That's a big responsibility that I take seriously. Having said that, since I take it seriously, I don't say anything about a game until I am sure about how I feel about it. And I am sure, Jake Hunter is shit. I also don't use bad language often either.

On Elite Beat Agents (or Ouendan, which is basically a Japanese version), if you like the whole rythm-game genre, yes, it is very good. Not quite as good as the best, which I consider to be Daigasso Band Brothers, but it is in the ballpark. EBA has very creative graphics, great music, and the controls are spot-on. I would definitely recommend it. And if you like rythm games, you have to try Daigasso BB. It is different in several ways, but especially it's control system. EBA is all stylus-based controls, whereas DBB is virtually all control pad and buttons. There are several English patches that you can find here on gbatemp that make it even more fun. It even allows you to create your own recordings. Multiplay mode is fantastic!

I can't wait for the Daigasso BB 2, which is due out later in the year. And the best news, it will also have an English release!

10. da_head

Canada
    is the english release the same time as japanese (as some companies r FINALLY starting to do) or will we have to wait the usual 6 months or so lol.

11. SleepingDragon
    OP

United States
    The article I read didn't come right out and say it, but implied that it was a simultaneous release.

12. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Obviously it was dumped in the literal sense of the word. Thanks for helping others to steer clear of this. I agree with you on not holding PW in the pantheon of gaming, however that's not what this thread is about. Thanks again.