#2326: Mugen no Frontier: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga (Japan)

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by DukeZero, May 31, 2008.

1. DukeZero
    OP

Newcomer DukeZero Member

Netherlands
    Did anyone succeed in getting this game to work on the DS-X? When starting up, there's a black error box, and after that, the game doesn't do anything.

For a lot of flashcards, this issue can be solved by setting the savetype to 512kb, but sadly, the DS-X doesn't have such an option.

Any help apart from 'buy another flashcard' would be appreciated. Not everyone's made of money :/

2. kazumi213

Member kazumi213 GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Since firmware 1.1.2 the DS-X uses 512 kbytes saves for all games, so that's not the problem. I assume you're using latest 1.1.3b FW and that you've already tried the arm7.bin replacement workaround, so this is just a compatibility problem with current 1.1.3b and you have to live with it. Or you can do yourself a favour and buy a working device. Check prices, money shouldn't be a problem, honest.

3. pbolmstedt

Member pbolmstedt GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I agree. Vote Nader!

4. MrSpud

Member MrSpud GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Buy another fl... Oh sorry! If the game doesn't work on 1.1.3b, it never will. Flashcart are relatively cheap when you consider the cost of a legal game, buy two legit game or buy a new flash cart? Same price almost. I had to save for months to buy a CyclosDS, worth every penny, face it, you got screwed, I'm not made of money either but fixing Ds-x problem is like when I tried to fix my 1994 Ford 150, at some point you have to let it go and get something new, nothing last forever.

Good luck, start saving your money!

5. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Well, the DS-X team stopped making firmwares, long, long time ago, and the next one is probably never coming out.

SO, in conclusion, get a new cart. The DSTT is only 19 bucks at DealExtreme. Even this is ten times better than the DS-X.

6. Shuny

Member Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

France
    Buy *cough* another *cough* linker *cough*