Gaming 23+ Pokemon Games... Will it ever end?

Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seeing how they said that Pokemon Black and Pokemon White were the fastest selling games in Japanese History (?) I don't think it will come to an end any time soon, I guess there will always be generations that will start playing Pokemon when a new gen is released.
For me the game kinda lost the flavor but there are apparently still many many people who like the games.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
777kidis777 said:
Next thing you know: they make REAL Pokemon Animals.
Or something you can get into and you're in the Pokemon world as the trainer. :DDD

pikachu.jpg

Where have you been in the past 5 years of genetic engineering?

cubone-real-pokemon.jpg

beedrill-real-pokemon.jpg

35a9j85.png

Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
777kidis777 said:
Or something you can get into and you're in the Pokemon world as the trainer. :DDD

I for once know what I'm going to do if they invent Pokeballs as well, journey time
biggrin.gif

Those Pokemon above look rather scary though
ohmy.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Assax said:
777kidis777 said:

I for once know what I'm going to do if they invent Pokeballs as well, journey time
biggrin.gif

Those Pokemon above look rather scary though
ohmy.gif

Definitely. The Beedrill looks DOWNRIGHT TERRIFYING. I would NOT fuck with Beedrill...

Tsuchy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ash will be a 10 year old virgin forever!! Pokemon is Mario Equivalent , maybe they'll make pokemon kart or pokemon baseball/basketball/football etc etc

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Why does it need to? If the games are fun I say make 23 more.

BTW- those Pokanimals would make excellent avatars. (if I was a big pokefan I'd take one)
tongue.gif

Schlupi said:
777kidis777 said:
pikachu.jpg

Where have you been in the past 5 years of genetic engineering?

cubone-real-pokemon.jpg

beedrill-real-pokemon.jpg

35a9j85.png

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the series will ever end. With the never ending supply of kids in the world Nintendo will continue milking their parents for Pokemon games. All they have to do is keep creating new Pokemon or altering old ones in some way that makes them slightly different and you get a new Pokemon. Not to mention as long as there are more colors to use in the title they can continue making them or knowing Nintendo they will just use different types of a color eg. Fire Red.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why should they?

people enjoy them, they keep creating new kind of games too, they always add something new to the battle mechanics, changes the metagame etc etc

compare that to dragon quest, a series where people would suck d*** to get another title that uses the same annoying music, the same annoying item/bag system and the same old dungeon design, same rehashed monsters, terribly similar stories etc etc.

just because its "nostalgic and old school"

i'd say, if pokemon was that stale, if it was still basically red and blue again and again, i would understand why it should end, but its always adding new stuff, so its ok.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everybody tends to look over the new features and battle mechanics, as it's "just another Pokémon game".
A lot of people I know don't want to get B/W because it's "the same story", but they completely revamped the storyline and gave Team Plasma a lot of emphasis and involvement. That alone completely nullifies their argument.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clydefrosch said:
why should they?

people enjoy them, they keep creating new kind of games too, they always add something new to the battle mechanics, changes the metagame etc etc

compare that to dragon quest, a series where people would suck d*** to get another title that uses the same annoying music, the same annoying item/bag system and the same old dungeon design, same rehashed monsters, terribly similar stories etc etc.

just because its "nostalgic and old school"

i'd say, if pokemon was that stale, if it was still basically red and blue again and again, i would understand why it should end, but its always adding new stuff, so its ok.

But everything you just mentioned about Dragon Quest except for the "rehashed monsters" and item/bag system is wrong.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've wish the pokemon game will end but it has't and each time a new game pokemon game comes out i always change my mind and get hyped up for every single pokemon game >_

Tombstoner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that they will slow down with creature additions, but that the series will survive as long as Game Freak does.
Look at Mario.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when they release "Pokemon Latinum" it will end.
as Latinum from star trek is the most valuable substance in the universe.

pokemon names are precious metals NOT colors. black and white represent Onyx and Ivory.
Ivory is more valuable than pearls, as pearls are more valuable than gold. etc.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
superspudz2000 said:
when they release "Pokemon Latinum" it will end.
as Latinum from star trek is the most valuable substance in the universe.

pokemon names are precious metals NOT colors. black and white represent Onyx and Ivory.
I see, and gold is a more valuable metal than yellow, red or blue. Everything makes sense now.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
superspudz2000 said:
Totally, because Fire, Leaf, Heart and Soul are totally precious metals. Not to mention Red, Blue, Green, and Pikachu*. Yeah, Pikachu is a very rare metal.

*Yellow was actually called 'Special Pikachu Edition' everywhere but the English box

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou