Homebrew $20s to the man who will fix beup!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why bother waiting I just use OPERA DS and e.buddy mobile website and connect to MSN,AOL,YAHOO,AIM,AOL,MY SPACE,G-TALK and EBUDDY messengers
wink.gif

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Its an awesome program, but if someone took on it. They'd have to make updates every time the gay rich company ™ (microsoft)
make an update. Which is always designed to make other Messenger clients stop working.

Getting live plus to work would be even better soo...

currynoodles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Haha, Beup was always a great program to show off to PSP lovers.

"Can a PSP go on MSN Messenger? Didn't think so. xD"

Oh well.. too bad it's not working now. I remember the dev had a screenshot of what he called "beup vista". Guess he abandoned it.

matrix121391

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Why bother waiting I just use OPERA DS and e.buddy mobile website and connect to MSN,AOL,YAHOO,AIM,AOL,MY SPACE,G-TALK and EBUDDY messengers
wink.gif
Wow. I wanted to thank you for providing that link. Up until now, I thought AIM on the DS was impossible (DSAIM was really buggy). You are a God!!!

currynoodles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Is the ez-3 in 1 worth getting? I was thinking of getting one but from what I've read the overall performance of the browser is meh.. I'd love to web-browse from my DS though.
laugh.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
currynoodles said:
Is the ez-3 in 1 worth getting? I was thinking of getting one but from what I've read the overall performance of the browser is meh.. I'd love to web-browse from my DS though.
laugh.gif

yeah it is .. works for extra ram in other stuff too like SNEmulDS and some other homebrew .. with the addition of having RUMBLE and being able to load GBA roms onto it too
smile.gif

you can also use it to DUMP original games and their saves
wink.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matrix121391 said:
kobykaan said:
wink.gif
Wow. I wanted to thank you for providing that link. Up until now, I thought AIM on the DS was impossible (DSAIM was really buggy). You are a God!!!
I used DSAIM just recently and it worked fairly well, but I'm using an old DS Phat so there aren't any conflicts with the wifi drivers, plus it did take several tries to log in before AIM would accept the connection. Shame the Opera keyboard is so bad or I'd use e.buddy on a regular basis (takes too long for each key to register, so when I type as fast as I'd like to, it only registers about half of my taps).

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
matrix121391 said:
kobykaan said:
wink.gif
I used DSAIM just recently and it worked fairly well, but I'm using an old DS Phat so there aren't any conflicts with the wifi drivers, plus it did take several tries to log in before AIM would accept the connection. Shame the Opera keyboard is so bad or I'd use e.buddy on a regular basis (takes too long for each key to register, so when I type as fast as I'd like to, it only registers about half of my taps).

yeah agreed but you kinda get used to typing at a reasonable pace thats workable
smile.gif

although its still faster than hand writing it is a complete PITA to write full words they should of made it accept 3 letters or more at a time it may of been better
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
update the developers working on version 0.4 of beup
smile.gif

a temporary solution is to decompile the nds file and go to msn.cpp and change the Dispatch_IP line to :

#define Dispatch_IP IP(65, 54, 239, 20)

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
Does the author know about the homebrew bounty?
wink2.gif

If I remember correctly the original creator of Beup, called Kevin something created it and when he stopped developing released the source code under a license like GPL. This "HTheB" made a few tweaks/fixes (without releasing source code) and entered the neoflash competition and won, and there was a lot of heated argument about if he deserved it.

If that won the homebrew bounty, what would happen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte