Tutorial  Updated

2021 Atmosphere (13.1.0) + SXOS Dualboot (11.0.0 downgraded) with TWO emunands!

NOTE: FILE BASED emunand may corruption risk, if you want use sd partitions follow this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

I didnt have nintendo switch when sxos worked fine. But i wanted to run xci games without install...

I have nintendo switch v1 on 13.1.0 with atmosphere on emunand, and i made a downgraded emunand with atmosphere to 11.0.0 and converted to sxos emunand format.

The process will be simple but a little time-consuming, in short what we're going to do is create the emunand as if it were for the atmosphere, downgrade with daybreak and then convert that emunand to sxos, and then start the sxos payload from hekate to be dualboot

The Tutorial:
First you need to have latest atmosphere compatible with 13.1.0 and create second emunand (if you have one emunand SD00, the second will be SD001)
Second copy the zip of this post to your sd card (NOTE: the path of emuMMC for payloads on hekate_ipl.ini are changed to SD00 and SD01)

Code:
[Emunand 1 13.1.0]
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/SD00
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
logopath=bootloader/res/bootlogo_fusee.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_ams_fusee.bmp
{ }
[Emunand 2 (Remove after finish)]
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/SD01
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
{ }
[SXOS Boot]
payload=bootloader/payloads/sxos.bin
logopath=bootloader/res/bootlogo_sx.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_sxos.bmp
{ }

Open your Emunand 2 (SD01) and verify if it is same the ofw (new copy of nand)
Open your AIO Switch Updater and go to firmwares and download 11.0.0, after open Day Break homebrew, navigate to firmware folder and install 11.0.0 on your emunand (SD01)

Your second emunand now downgraded to 11.0.0!!

Now, we convert emummc from atmosphere to sxos format compatible.

You need to open the EmuTool.exe downloaded in zip of this tutorial,
select on the left: Atmosphere File and location of your eMMC folder on switch sdcard.
select on the right: SXOS file, and select path to export sxos emummc (folder on desktop or any folder).
emunand.jpeg

After the program finish, you will have sxos folder with .bin files from emummc converted.

Go to switch sd card, remove the emuMMC/SD01 folder from your sdcard and paste sxos folder generated by emutool.exe on your switch sdcard root

like this:
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-11 at 22.10.38.jpeg

Download and copy sx os cracked boot.dat & license.dat to root of your sdcard https://www.mediafire.com/file/pdwy4i08kpygdfg/sxos_ready_to_use.zip/file

Now you can boot sxos on 11.0.0 by hekate clicking on sxos icon at boot menu...

NOTE:
You can delete this entry from your hekate_ipl.ini...

Code:
[Emunand 2 (Remove after finish)]
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/SD01
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
{ }

Some screenshots
2021111210134600-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
2021111210150300-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
2021111210151400-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

Attachments

• copy to your sd 1.zip
    7 MB · Views: 304
  • EmuTool.exe.zip
    65.1 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by brawhalla1,

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
This is very well explained. I'm about to do a emunand and make the jump to atmos, but I'm still on 11.0.

Could I follow the steps, except the downgrading? I want to have a emunand with SX on 11.0 and latest sysnand with atmos.

brawhalla1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thanks!

Yes, you can do steps without downgrade, you need to create emummc with hekate and run with atmosphere to download newest firmware with aio updater and update to 13.1.0 with daybreak on your emunand...

Reactions: Milad and nWo

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Could you help me? I already made one emunand, used the emutool to convert it to SX hidden partition, erased the original emummc folder and copied the sxos one that emutool gave me. But now, how do I launch the Emunand? When I click on hekate and select emunand, critical error happens with red letters. Do I need to configure the file on the hekate.ipl to launch the emu SX OS? I´m stuck there.

brawhalla1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need to configure hekate to open sxos payload, like
Code:
[SXOS Boot]
payload=bootloader/payloads/sxos.bin
logopath=bootloader/res/bootlogo_sx.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_sxos.bmp
{ }

and sxos boot emunand from sdmc:/sxos/emunand (i recommend to use file partition to sxos, because sxos payload is more compledx to configure)

for atmosphere, simple create emunand by hekate from ofw and add atmosphere config to your hekate ipl like:

Code:
[Emunand 1 13.1.0]
cal0blank=1
atmosphere=1
emummcforce=1
emupath=emuMMC/SD00
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
{ }

change the emupath=emuMMC/SD00 to your sd file or raw file reference to partition

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI File based EmuNANDS are known to be unstable. This method could result in losing all your save games and having to reinstall. You could do a dual hidden partition. I wrote a tutorial for that. Hidden partitions don't rely on the Switch's faulty Fat32 driver and are MUCH more stable. If you choose to do the file based route make sure you back up your saves regularly.

The AIO Switch updater concerns me as well for firmware manipulation. Last i knew it does not verify the downloaded firmware.

Last edited by mikefor20,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the end result I want to accomplish but this tutorial is not for me because I have the opposite setup
I have no atmos and I have 11x SX OS emunand and lower sysnand (forget what my sysnand is but lower than 11x)
this is on a lite with SX lite , I think my emunand is files too
obvious downside is burning up 64GB + of SD card space for 2 emunands
Also would like to do this on my v1 erista that one is on like 2x sysnand not even sure if I set up an emunand on that system but at least I could use USB and not have to worry about SD space being burned up by 2 emunands as much since pretty much app games to date will run on SXOS
are there any good tutorials for going from SXOS with emunand to dual boot with atmos with 2 emunands?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the end result I want to accomplish but this tutorial is not for me because I have the opposite setup
I have no atmos and I have 11x SX OS emunand and lower sysnand (forget what my sysnand is but lower than 11x)
this is on a lite with SX lite , I think my emunand is files too
obvious downside is burning up 64GB + of SD card space for 2 emunands
Also would like to do this on my v1 erista that one is on like 2x sysnand not even sure if I set up an emunand on that system but at least I could use USB and not have to worry about SD space being burned up by 2 emunands as much since pretty much app games to date will run on SXOS
are there any good tutorials for going from SXOS with emunand to dual boot with atmos with 2 emunands?

I wrote a tutorial for 2 hidden partition emunand. It's much more stable and reliable than the file based one above. Also you can alter the size of the EmuNAND if you want. In my tutorial we copy and convert your SX OS emunand to an atmosphere EmuNand. Once done you will have identical setups.

You also have the option to shrink one of the emunand. If you do this all the links will break so you will have to reinstall everything and you will lose your saves on the shrunken EmuNAND. Just back them up and restore. The way I do it is have a small emunand for SX OS. I went with 8 GB,enough for just save files. I didn't bother to reinstall any of the installed games I just play them in atmosphere. I did restore my save games though. I set up all my xci as super xci with all the updates and DLC. This way the only real impact on my SD card is 8GB. I'm using SX OS strictly for USB loading. Everything else gets carried over into atmosphere.

I posted it in the tutorial section. It should be a few down from this one.

Reactions: weatMod

brawhalla1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FYI File based EmuNANDS are known to be unstable. This method could result in losing all your save games and having to reinstall. You could do a dual hidden partition. I wrote a tutorial for that. Hidden partitions don't rely on the Switch's faulty Fat32 driver and are MUCH more stable. If you choose to do the file based route make sure you back up your saves regularly.

The AIO Switch updater concerns me as well for firmware manipulation. Last i knew it does not verify the downloaded firmware.

You can use hidden partition on emunand changing option on emutool for conversion. Thanks!

in my case i feel calm to burn 64gb of sdmc because i had 2 11tb hdd to download games and play xci from sxos

Last edited by brawhalla1,

Vic_Vinegar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for sharing!

I'm having this issue:

Hekate isn't giving me the option to migrate my SX OS emunand. I believe this is caused because I am / was using a hidden emunand with SX OS.

I used this guide https://rentry.co/mys8q and it all worked perfectly (it auto boots into Hekate and I can boot Atmosphere)

I have also create a emummc.ini file and added this to the newly created emmumc folder
[emummc]
emummc_enabled = 1
emummc_sector = 0x2
emummc_nintendo_path = Emutendo

But Hekate still doesn't see my hidden emunand from SX OS.

Should I just use your guide to get around this problem?

I accidently updated my emunand firmware to 13.1 so I can't load up SX OS

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use hidden partition on emunand changing option on emutool for conversion. Thanks!

in my case i feel calm to burn 64gb of sdmc because i had 2 11tb hdd to download games and play xci from sxos

No you can't.

Not without some..finess.Emutool won't give you DUAL HIDDEN PARTITIONS unless you allocate the space first. It only will do one. You must make the SX hidden partition then shrink the FAT32 at the end and make the atmo partition.

Read my tutorial.

You can shrink EmuNANDS if you want. 32GB is not necessary if you use SX strictly for USB loading.

Also in my tutorial.

What I was posting here is your FILE BASED EMUNAND method is a bad idea. It's unstable. They corrupt if you shut down abruptly. The switch has a crap driver and doesn't handle FAT32 correctly.

Also, using AIO updater to update is far riskier than using Daybreak and downloading the firmware manually. You can check the CRC on your own and Daybreak is a safer installer. Unless AiO changed drastically recently it doesn't check the CRC and it installs in a similar manner to choi. I don't trust this method. Unless it was changed but a few months ago it was inferior.

Besides that there are many tutorials with this exact outcome already on the temp.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing!

I'm having this issue:

Hekate isn't giving me the option to migrate my SX OS emunand. I believe this is caused because I am / was using a hidden emunand with SX OS.

I used this guide https://rentry.co/mys8q and it all worked perfectly (it auto boots into Hekate and I can boot Atmosphere)

I have also create a emummc.ini file and added this to the newly created emmumc folder
[emummc]
emummc_enabled = 1
emummc_sector = 0x2
emummc_nintendo_path = Emutendo

But Hekate still doesn't see my hidden emunand from SX OS.

Should I just use your guide to get around this problem?

I accidently updated my emunand firmware to 13.1 so I can't load up SX OS

Downgrade back to 11.0 on the SX EmuNAND. (Get firmware. Put on root of SD. Run Daybreak in Atmosphere Emunand. Install)

After that I highly recommend you follow my tutorial. Going this route above will give you another emunand in file-based format. Look up my dual hidden partition emunand tutorial. It's a more stable more robust way to do things. I'll even get you set up to swap between them easily with a hotkey.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote a tutorial for 2 hidden partition emunand. It's much more stable and reliable than the file based one above. Also you can alter the size of the EmuNAND if you want. In my tutorial we copy and convert your SX OS emunand to an atmosphere EmuNand. Once done you will have identical setups.

You also have the option to shrink one of the emunand. If you do this all the links will break so you will have to reinstall everything and you will lose your saves on the shrunken EmuNAND. Just back them up and restore. The way I do it is have a small emunand for SX OS. I went with 8 GB,enough for just save files. I didn't bother to reinstall any of the installed games I just play them in atmosphere. I did restore my save games though. I set up all my xci as super xci with all the updates and DLC. This way the only real impact on my SD card is 8GB. I'm using SX OS strictly for USB loading. Everything else gets carried over into atmosphere.

I posted it in the tutorial section. It should be a few down from this one.
oh very interesting I never knew that you could shrink your emunand that small
so I could just shrink my SXOS emunand to 8GB and then still play all my XCI's from the SD card (I don't have any thing installed no NSP's I build all my updates and DLC into XCI with NSC builder and all homebrews as XCI too then

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh very interesting I never knew that you could shrink your emunand that small
so I could just shrink my SXOS emunand to 8GB and then still play all my XCI's from the SD card (I don't have any thing installed no NSP's I build all my updates and DLC into XCI with NSC builder and all homebrews as XCI too then
Exactly! That's how I'm doing it. It's called a super xci

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just stay on SXOS and use nsc builder or something
Looks like that went way over your head! That's what we're talking about! Build a super xci using NSC Builder. And then run SX OS using a minimum emunand. About 8 GB you can hold all your save files. That way the only real impact on your SD card 8 gigs. 8 GB to have access to all of your USB stuff is more than reasonable no matter who you are.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will definitely keep watch over this thread. This is something I would do once I ever get a 1TB SD card. Having both sxos/atmosphere on the same card is much more convenient than on separate cards or switch

Reactions: brawhalla1

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will definitely keep watch over this thread. This is something I would do once I ever get a 1TB SD card. Having both sxos/atmosphere on the same card is much more convenient than on separate cards or switch

I already wrote a proper tutorial on it. Look for dual hidden emunand on the same SD. Feel free to comment there if there's any confusion or issues. I want to make it as Noob friendly as possible.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

Last edited by mikefor20,
Reactions: MasterJ360

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

My way is much more stable and I even have you set up a hotkey to swap between the two most of it's done on the PC so you limit the amount of SD read writes and pulling the card out of the SD slot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: