Hacking 2019 r4isdhc dual core white unbrick help

MrLeche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all:

So I just had an NDSi that I know nothing about, but I have NDS Lite all my life. so I had this 2019 Edition r4isdhc dual core (white) that works perfectly on my DS Lite, and last night I tried it on the DSi, it gave an error and when I placed it back to DSL it ends up on white screen. It can still be detected as 'bomberland touch' (it's default banner title) but as soon as loading it becomes white screen. If I remove the SD card it says no card on top screen. I put an empty sd card it says ?menu(red font), if I place a different r4 software it says 'error' (red font). But if I place the correct software from its website (http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-dual-core/) then it freezes on a white screen top and bottom. I fear I've bricked it.

Long story short, how do I unbrick it? I only have 1Dsi, 3DSLite, 3 Different R4 Carts including this one. Many Thanks!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello all:

So I just had an NDSi that I know nothing about, but I have NDS Lite all my life. so I had this 2019 Edition r4isdhc dual core (white) that works perfectly on my DS Lite, and last night I tried it on the DSi, it gave an error and when I placed it back to DSL it ends up on white screen. It can still be detected as 'bomberland touch' (it's default banner title) but as soon as loading it becomes white screen. If I remove the SD card it says no card on top screen. I put an empty sd card it says ?menu(red font), if I place a different r4 software it says 'error' (red font). But if I place the correct software from its website (http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-dual-core/) then it freezes on a white screen top and bottom. I fear I've bricked it.

Long story short, how do I unbrick it? I only have 1Dsi, 3DSLite, 3 Different R4 Carts including this one. Many Thanks!

Hello.:)

You "maybe" came across the Phenomenon called "Timebomb".

Flashcards with 'Time Bomb' are no longer able to start '.nds' files when they detect that the system clock has exceeded a date determined by the flash card firmware. One way around this is to set the system clock to an earlier date.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/de_DE/ntrboot.html

It should still work on your Nintendo DS Lite.
If you want to use the original R4 Software from r4isdhc.com you can softmod your Nintendo DSi with the Camera Exploit "Memory Pit" and use HiyaCFW/TWiLight Menu to "unblock" it.

https://dsi.cfw.guide/

If you want to use it furthermore you can use the YSMenu from the Multi Cart Update instead of the original R4 Kernel Software:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Good Luck.
Thank you.:)

Reactions: MrLeche

MrLeche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thank you. I'm kinda overwhelmed after reading your reply 3 times. I'm going to go thru those links and give it a try. Not that I got a choice anyway lol. I hope I can get the R4 back to life and use it back solely to the DS Lite. Many Thanks once again.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ok thank you. I'm kinda overwhelmed after reading your reply 3 times. I'm going to go thru those links and give it a try. Not that I got a choice anyway lol. I hope I can get the R4 back to life and use it back solely to the DS Lite. Many Thanks once again.

Yes,a little for the Brain.
But is it wonderful to HAVE so many Choices ? :D

- Softmod the DSi and still use the orginal R4 Kernel Software (and many other Benefits of it).
- still can use it on the DS Lite without doing anything.
- Use an alternate (and maybe "better") Kernel Software with YSMenu to use it without softmodding your DSi.
- you have not to buy a new Card.

You can choose.:yaynds:

Good Luck.

MrLeche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The German-google-translated-to-english site says I gotta have a 3DS to continue. I still haven't gone to that part yet but I don't have a 3DS. Also, I read a lot of that it needs the cart to still run a .nds file but I got a feeling mine already doesn't.

Thought about what you said on choices LOL! You're right I might add up to my confusion.

I got the very first R4 (the spring sd carded side pocket) and another R4 top pocketed which probably goes back 2007-2008 and both of them on latest offish sofware both with YS Menu for game compatibility so I'm familiar with YSMenu. So so good!

Hope I can get this to work.

Thanks!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The German-google-translated-to-english site says I gotta have a 3DS to continue. I still haven't gone to that part yet but I don't have a 3DS. Also, I read a lot of that it needs the cart to still run a .nds file but I got a feeling mine already doesn't.

Thought about what you said on choices LOL! You're right I might add up to my confusion.

I got the very first R4 (the spring sd carded side pocket) and another R4 top pocketed which probably goes back 2007-2008 and both of them on latest offish sofware both with YS Menu for game compatibility so I'm familiar with YSMenu. So so good!

Hope I can get this to work.

Thanks!

Sorry my fault.The 3DS Link is NOT for you !! It was only to give you an Explanation for your Issue.

Please use THIS Link for Softmodding your DSi:

https://dsi.cfw.guide/

MrLeche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe I need to change my SD card. I have an 8GB with a lot of dummy0 files to be 1.2G free. But whenever I launch the nobutton option in unlaunch I don't see a HiyaCFW in the choices. I'm kinda stuck in that point.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Didn't work. Man I hate being stuck.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Maybe I need to change my SD card. I have an 8GB with a lot of dummy0 files to be 1.2G free. But whenever I launch the nobutton option in unlaunch I don't see a HiyaCFW in the choices. I'm kinda stuck in that point.

Did you installed UNLAUNCH 2.0 ?
Then please choose from the List:

TWiLight Menu++

P1060612.JPG

Shown as on the lower Screen of your DSi:
sdmc:/BOOT.ND5

P1060613.JPG

You do not longer need HiyaCFW

P1060614.JPG

MrLeche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The last on my list was Nintendo DSi Sound. Nothing else follows. Maybe I missed a step lemme check back. Sorry, yes I installed unlaunch 2.0. Thanks!

Maybe because the command prompt isn't really finished? While the HiyaCFWHelper says its done and you may remove the SD?

upload_2019-10-23_16-13-32.png

screenshot.

**** Update: Got no luck. I used my 2GB from my Wii and I can see the whole list. I copied the contents of the 2G to the 8GB SD Card dedicated for the DSi but no luck. I don't want to use my Wii SD for my DSi and I don't have any other SD cards free to use. Maybe I need to buy a new one.

Thanks!

Last edited by MrLeche,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The last on my list was Nintendo DSi Sound. Nothing else follows. Maybe I missed a step lemme check back. Sorry, yes I installed unlaunch 2.0. Thanks!

Maybe because the command prompt isn't really finished? While the HiyaCFWHelper says its done and you may remove the SD?

View attachment 183792

screenshot.

Ok,I have done the Steps with HiyaCFW Helper Verision 3.5.1 a few Minutes ago:

- Unpack and run the Helper (as Administrator) - Windows 7 32bit Version
- Choose my NAND Backup -> START
- and choose the SD Card
- (HiyaCFW Helper extracts NAND)
- now it downloads TWiLight Menu and copies the Files
- Cleaning...Done! Eject your SD card and insert it into your DSi
- CLOSE Status Windows and QUIT the Helper.

Ohniiiiiiiie Titel-1.jpg

DSi boots up (Nintendo DSi Screen -> Rocket Robz Intro Screen -> Quicklaunch Pad from the Nintendo DS Lite Menu -> TWilight Menu.

No need of configurate UNLAUNCH.:)
(But BOTH entries are in the Unlauch List).

Your SD Card is formatted with FAT32 ? Maybe you should really try an other one.:unsure:

MrLeche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah for this SD card, I don't think it reads anything past that folder:

Attachments

• WIN_20191023_17_01_11_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20191023_17_01_11_Pro.jpg
    944.4 KB · Views: 236

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yeah for this SD card, I don't think it reads anything past that folder:
It seems to me there is nothing there on it.:(

Yes please,try an other.:)

Only to get sure:

- You have done the Exploit (Memory Pit or Flipnote ?)
- With HB Menu you accessed the Backup Tool
- you made an NAND Backup
- Installed Unlaunch
- Run HiyaCFWHelper

Is this correct ?

Last edited by Alexander1970,

MrLeche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While I'll be waiting for another SD card I purchased online. I partitioned my 8GB Sandisk to 4GB. Diskpart to only 1 active drive left the other 4GB unformatted. And it worked. The HiyaCFW gives me an error 1-2435-8325 though so I placed Twilight Menu on NoButton. I'm currently testing a .nds game and waiting for a save point so I could try another one. I never thought you could use a DSi without a flashcart at all!

I wanted to tinker the menu for now because I wanted it to boot to the normal DSi Menu (for my kids not to get confused) and then just load twilight menu there if possible. I'm not sure if it can do that.

Thanks!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
While I'll be waiting for another SD card I purchased online. I partitioned my 8GB Sandisk to 4GB. Diskpart to only 1 active drive left the other 4GB unformatted. And it worked. The HiyaCFW gives me an error 1-2435-8325 though so I placed Twilight Menu on NoButton. I'm currently testing a .nds game and waiting for a save point so I could try another one. I never thought you could use a DSi without a flashcart at all!

I wanted to tinker the menu for now because I wanted it to boot to the normal DSi Menu (for my kids not to get confused) and then just load twilight menu there if possible. I'm not sure if it can do that.

Thanks!

Great to hear !! :yaynds:
It si maybe not the final Solution but a Solution.:D

On my Way to the Kindergarden I remembered something else:

Is your FLASHCART inserted ?
Was the Flashcart plugged in all the time ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol