2012: You worried?

You believe something bad will happen?

• We're fucked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We'll be fine

• Something bad MIGHT happen, but not all of mankind will be gone

• Something will happen, but not bad. Probably just a meteor shower.

• Total voters

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
december-12-2012.jpg

Okay, we all know about the year 2012 and how it's supposedly supposed to be the end of the world or some crap like that.

First off, let me just say: If you believe that something bad is going to happen on that date and we're all -snip-, I feel sorry for you.

For those of you don't know, apparently the year 2012, something "BIG" is supposed to happen that will rock the world, that or part of the world is going to get blown away from a meteor or crap like that. You know, doomsday. It's hyped up in the movie "2012" especially. Or even the video game series of Assassin's Creed, where Dec. 21, 2012 plays a big role in the game. The reason is because the Mayan calendar is ending.

And if you already are aware of the stuff people are saying that will happen, and if you didn't know this, NOTHING is going to happen that will rock the earth. The Mayan calendar has ran out before. And the whole thing is a lie that, well, Hollywood started. It's all a lie, a hype train. And the current Mayan leader has said himself, that the most that's going to happen is a Meteor Shower.

Now, now that we got out of the way:

It got me wondering, some people just don't want to believe it. Some people are preparing. Others are panicking already and stocking up. Like my older sister's BF. He is convinced that we will all die on that date, and if we don't, he's got some guns to protect his stuff in fear of looting. Which, as stupid as it sounds, it does sound plausible. If there are others like him out in the world panicking, protecting isn't that far fetched.

So, are you one of those people who believe in the 2012 wiping us all out or something bad happening, are you one of those people who are just worried that the crazies will run lose, or do you think that we'll all just sleep sound that night?

This is just an article I read on MSNBC, but it's on other sites too:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33261483/ns/te...cience-science/

*in case you are wondering, google the name of the Mayan leader (current): Chile Pixtun.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
You should do some research on HAARP activity around the time of the quakes in Japan and Haiti. Also, Japan was threatend with HAARP back in 2007 if its economic climb didn't slow. Also, look up FEMA and into why they were shipping 500,000 disposable coffins in Georgia (I think it was Georgia). Theres lots of stuff out there, but mainly HAARP I think is gonna be our demise. Scary shit

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Law said:
Veho said:
tehnoobshow said:
conspiracy theory
How is that a conspiracy theory? Where's the conspiracy? Who are the conspirators?
THE MAYANS ARE SPYING ON US USING RUSSIAN SATELLITES
It's a conspiracy by the canned food and battery industry, to get people to stock up. On canned food. And batteries.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If somethings going to happen I say bring it on, but I'll get up like any other normal day and go on about my daily grind... I don't have time to believe in mumbo jumbo crap like this.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't believe in "2012". Others say it's true, and other people say it isn't true.
tongue.gif
And I'm not worried when it's December 12, 2012. Like others say, it ain't the end of the world.

Jay Sean - 2012 ft. Nikki Minaj

jlf278

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Ancient _____'s predicted _____ would happen in the year ____, so it must be true? People see the word ancient and they get all aroused, like anything old has to be true. I guess people are conditioned to think that in most major religions. Though that doesn't make sense then why Christians would believe in a Mayan prophecy (or more specifically a hollywood prophecy based on the misinterpretation of a mayan temporal accounting quirk). The fact is that most ancient societies knew basically nothing about astrophysics (or any scientific arena), and like us, they lacked the ability to accurately predict events in even the near future (duh, looked how most of them turned out).

When I was about 9 years old, I remember reading a book by Edgar Cayce (interesting guy, deceased). It foretold of the end of the world blahdee blah blah. Well, I was all worried for a few hours and then, at 9 years old, I realized that Edgar Cayce was just making all this $&!# up and wtf, how could people take him seriously? Sadly, the answer is that there are a lot of ignorant fools out there and fear-mongering will always have an easy target in them.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IIRC the mayan calendar is a circle, it never ends.
EDIT:
And IIRC again the calendar has turned a full revolution many times before, just there was not any media to scare the shit out of dumb shit people.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:

Dude come on. Can't you have a serious conversation without joking around? I mean honestly, it doesn't exactly take a genius to know that there's no such things as Russians. They're fairytale creatures just like unicorns. C'mon.

QUOTE(monkat @ Mar 15 2011, 04:58 AM) [insert long-winded post about wh 2012 is stupid, reeking with the stench of teenage rebellion here]

Honestly, as simple and very brief that is, that still makes sense.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ShadowSoldier said:
I mean honestly, it doesn't exactly take a genius to know that there's no such things as Russians. They're fairytale creatures just like unicorns. C'mon.
That's what they want you to think.
ph34r.gif

The unicorns, that is
ph34r.gif

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I just dont care about it, but I do think that is is just another damn made-up thing to scare people.

QUOTE said:
IN SOVIET RUSSIA THE SATELLIES SPY ON YOU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk