2012 The End of the Internet as we know it

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by sputnix, Jan 19, 2012.

1. sputnix
    OP

sputnix GBAtemp Fan

Jul 9, 2009
    Bulgaria
    The myans may have made a calander that supposidly ends on dec. 21 2012, and might mean the end of the world, actually they may have predicted the end of the internet. Withe megaupload down PIPA still has a chance of going through, SOPA on the backburner and the sates getting anyone who had a site that had copyrighted content on it anywhere in the world extridated to the US to be brought to trial. Time have changed now having a copyrighted song in the background will have your video removed, gameplay and movie clips may become illegal as corporations can have government grab the internet by the balls and do what they please. I fear that gbatemp and other fourms can be brought down as we have close ties to piracy [most people here are pirates don't try to say otherwise] and sort of illigal flashcarts, I wouldn't be surprised if nintendo ends up shutting the site down if SOPA is passed.
    I don't know, the US government have been really throwing it's wait around, and if SOPA or PIPA get's passed the canadain goverenment will probably follow suit very soon as we've always been pressured to follow suit by the US government. And access copyright now controling copyrighted content in schools by forcing to pay a fee to use copyrighted images and youtube videos, etc in class, as well as getting all the students email adress [my university denied it so it has somewhat impacted education]. How did things get so bad so fast but I guess there's nothing we can do when old fat cats that don't know shit about the internet want more money and will go to anymeans nesscessary to do so.
    Repent Repent for the end of the internet is nigh. [/rant]

2. Narayan

Narayan desu~

Sep 29, 2010
    meh. internet will not end.

4 people like this.
  3. Helpful Corn

Helpful Corn GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2011
    United States
    tl;dr

learn how to format ffs

4 people like this.
  4. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    It would easier to take your internet doomsday predictions seriously if you put more time and effort into the formatting and spelling.

5. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    That was the hardest thing i've ever had to read since Valwin.

5 people like this.
  6. Oveneise

Oveneise GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 22, 2010
    United States
    Minnesota
    The internet always finds a way. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

7. DrOctapu

DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Hell.
    What the hell does MegaUpload have to do with SOPA/PIPA? A bill passing and some corporation getting sued are two different things, with different people involved and completely different situations. MegaUpload'll be replaced in a week or so, with several newer filesharing sites popping up in it's place. I'm not worried.

8. ThatDudeWithTheFood

ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Illuminati
    Everyone knows that Hotfile is the big sharing site now anyways.
    ITS THE SHIT.

9. Sora de Eclaune
    This message by Sora de Eclaune has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 13, 2017.
    Jan 20, 2012