Gaming 2000mAh DS Lite battery: reliable or fake?

Nikokaro

Carrying on a view...beyond good and evil
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
photo_of_Fresh_NEW_Nintendo_DS_Lite_rechargeable_2000mAh_Battery___tool_Kit_ROGXK12TT22S.png

Has anyone already bought this (or a similar one) 2000mAh battery for DS Lite?

I know it's a chinese, shoddy and low-quality item, but even if the value is way too inflated, will it last (at least) a little longer than my original, 10+ year old battery?
Or is it still better to buy an original, more expensive, 1000mAh one?

Basically mine lasts about 3 hours using a DS flashcart and about 2 hours with GBA flashcart launched via DS YSMenu (gba game with custom frame).

I would like to hear various opinions, but particularly from those who have already acquired this or similar item; Is it possible that the value declared on the battery is totally invented, or does it have a basis of truth anyway?

P.S. This is what a reddit user writes : "I ended up opening it up..... good grief! It's definitely an old battery from some other device, which they've put inside a little plastic cover to look like a DS battery..."

The question is whether what he reports concerns all the same models that can be purchased online, which I personally believe practically certain.

Thank you.

Nikokaro

Carrying on a view...beyond good and evil
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, in your opinion, it is not actually a 2000mAh battery (it does not last noticeably longer than a normal one), but neither it is a battery that has already been used and refurbished like new, as many claim (in this case it should last little or nothing)...what do you think about it? :unsure:

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you.:)

So, in your opinion, it is not actually a 2000mAh battery (it does not last noticeably longer than a normal one), but neither it is a battery that has already been used and refurbished like new, as many claim (in this case it should last little or nothing)...what do you think about it? :unsure:

According to the "Age" of it now,I am pretty sure,it was a new (also optical) Battery.
But who knows....
What I can say for sure,it is still "usable" and works.

Of course,you can also get an used DS Lite that has maybe only a "few" Hours on the Battery.:)

Experiences (I use "chinese" Battery Packs for the 3DS XL/New 3DS XL/DSi/DS Lite/GameBoy Advanced/Wii U Pad) with 3rd Party/Chinese Batteries tells me, if they had described "more mAh" on the Label,it does not mean automatically it has more Durability.:)

Only original Batteries (for the Wii Motion Controlller for Example,there exists a "stronger" Nintendo Rechargeable Battery Pack,but I never have seen it.....) guarantee you that...maybe.:D

Reactions: banjo2 and Nikokaro

korbinian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
none of these batteries are 2000mah, they physically couldn't be, they're all in the 800-1000 range.

judging from some mobile router/cellphone batteries (i.e. BV-6a for nokia handhelds) you COULD possibly cram 1200, 1500mAh into these, but definitely no 2k, full ack.

i'm be tempted to call BS upon 2000mAh

Reactions: banjo2
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought that was solved.
    Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    On the phone with att wish me luck
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Why do you love?
    Gift
    20 minutes still play jump around with att
    Gift
    Another 8 minute transfer yay
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    PLEASE HOLD. YOUR CALL IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US. PLEASE CONTINUE TO HOLD.
    Gift
  • ClancyDaEnlightened @ ClancyDaEnlightened:
    in other words *please hang up*
    Gift
    stop bitching on the phone
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/OO_programming/ <- OOP allows a generic build to scale approach to solve problems. And compatibility. In my experience an API/Shared Libraries by being encapsulated, is less likely to get optimized/destroyed by the compiler, specifically in embedded platforms.
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    No doubt it will be slower, but if you can and have the resources to hand-optimize away the code
    , do it.
    Gift
    If you dont bitch nothing will get done correctly
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    Also allows to separate pieces in components: Init, update, destroy, which enables the whole program to be inheritable. If you're creating a first person shooter, and want to add multiplayer, you will have to use OOP regardless.
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    and forget about memory management
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when you had to write your code exactly or things would just break instantly lol 48K was all you had on an Apple IIe and that was with added RAM ai think... Forgot so much over the years lol
    Gift
    Back when Apple included a programming manual in the box...
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    yeah, psi gets it. Imagine building a 3D game and the compiler/linker breaks your code because you didn't order the data in a certain way
    Gift
    Yeah I dimly recall if your have the compiler set to optimize too agresively things can get crazy
    Gift
    Like setting it really high can work but sometimes requires rewrite of code and that's if the error spat out makes any sense
    Gift
    I used to be great at finding nested loop logic error
    Gift
    I remember finding a bug in some C++ code for a company and they sent me a watch and some money it was cool
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    nice
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    also that site at the same time recommends Go lang, more like Go LoL
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    what does league of legends have to do with anything?
    Gift
  • Gift
    If you bitch ima just keep transferring the call to piss you off
    Gift
    ClancyDaEnlightened @ ClancyDaEnlightened: If you bitch ima just keep transferring the call to piss you off