Gaming 2000mAh DS Lite battery: reliable or fake?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
photo_of_Fresh_NEW_Nintendo_DS_Lite_rechargeable_2000mAh_Battery___tool_Kit_ROGXK12TT22S.png

Has anyone already bought this (or a similar one) 2000mAh battery for DS Lite?

I know it's a chinese, shoddy and low-quality item, but even if the value is way too inflated, will it last (at least) a little longer than my original, 10+ year old battery?
Or is it still better to buy an original, more expensive, 1000mAh one?

Basically mine lasts about 3 hours using a DS flashcart and about 2 hours with GBA flashcart launched via DS YSMenu (gba game with custom frame).

I would like to hear various opinions, but particularly from those who have already acquired this or similar item; Is it possible that the value declared on the battery is totally invented, or does it have a basis of truth anyway?

P.S. This is what a reddit user writes : "I ended up opening it up..... good grief! It's definitely an old battery from some other device, which they've put inside a little plastic cover to look like a DS battery..."

The question is whether what he reports concerns all the same models that can be purchased online, which I personally believe practically certain.

Thank you.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, in your opinion, it is not actually a 2000mAh battery (it does not last noticeably longer than a normal one), but neither it is a battery that has already been used and refurbished like new, as many claim (in this case it should last little or nothing)...what do you think about it? :unsure:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you.:)

So, in your opinion, it is not actually a 2000mAh battery (it does not last noticeably longer than a normal one), but neither it is a battery that has already been used and refurbished like new, as many claim (in this case it should last little or nothing)...what do you think about it? :unsure:

According to the "Age" of it now,I am pretty sure,it was a new (also optical) Battery.
But who knows....
What I can say for sure,it is still "usable" and works.

Of course,you can also get an used DS Lite that has maybe only a "few" Hours on the Battery.:)

Experiences (I use "chinese" Battery Packs for the 3DS XL/New 3DS XL/DSi/DS Lite/GameBoy Advanced/Wii U Pad) with 3rd Party/Chinese Batteries tells me, if they had described "more mAh" on the Label,it does not mean automatically it has more Durability.:)

Only original Batteries (for the Wii Motion Controlller for Example,there exists a "stronger" Nintendo Rechargeable Battery Pack,but I never have seen it.....) guarantee you that...maybe.:D

Reactions: banjo2 and Nikokaro

korbinian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
none of these batteries are 2000mah, they physically couldn't be, they're all in the 800-1000 range.

judging from some mobile router/cellphone batteries (i.e. BV-6a for nokia handhelds) you COULD possibly cram 1200, 1500mAh into these, but definitely no 2k, full ack.

i'm be tempted to call BS upon 2000mAh

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs