Hacking +200 tries with SysUpdater 0.4.2b

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really do not see any alternative more "stable" than this, I have reached to 250, I made a few tries and I stopped and started to write this. I made 50 tries yesterday using "safe"SysUpdater, that are included in the 250 number. And also the "stable" release of TuxSH's SysUpdater got removed, assuming he took it down by himself (wtf), and I'm not risking to try anything else than both.

And yeah on both I exited from FTbrony.
What to do? Do that till 5413?

Recent Edit to add some details:
It's the freeze thing that freezes the screen, I can't do anything and I have to reboot and try again.
System Firmware: 10.1.0-27U Old

Last edited by Graber,

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really do not see any alternative more "stable" than this, I have reached to 250, I made a few tries and I stopped and started to write this. I made 50 tries yesterday using "safe"SysUpdater, that are included in the 250 number. And also the "stable" release of TuxSH's SysUpdater got removed, assuming he took it down by himself (wtf), and I'm not risking to try anything else than both.

Try formating your SDcard with SDformater and try again. I was at 100 tries until I switched sd cards. It took me like 120 trys to get it,so hang in there. Use Julians sysupdater instead of the safe one. I heard the safeone crashes sometimes and your console is a paper weight at that point.

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I don't find any "Julian's" SysUpdater. And some pages talking about that SysUpdater redirect to this thread. Im already using that SysUpdater.

I see myself unable to make a 0 start from formatting since I got "infected" by browser update nag. So I have to use homemenuhax. Which files should i keep only in the SD to just keep homemenuhax besides anything else?

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And yeah on both I exited from FTbrony.
Are you launching SysUpdater from menuhax or browserhax? Browserhax never worked for me.

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Menuhax forcefully, I tried browser but I got "infected" by the update nag that blocks the browser.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am curious, what's the firmware on your 3ds? Is it new or old?
Well I really forgot this special detail, necessary to be in the main post.

My firmware is 10.1.0-27U OLD, currently "supported".

Well I don't find any "Julian's" SysUpdater. And some pages talking about that SysUpdater redirect to this thread. Im already using that SysUpdater.

I see myself unable to make a 0 start from formatting since I got "infected" by browser update nag. So I have to use homemenuhax. Which files should i keep only in the SD to just keep homemenuhax besides anything else?

Can I get an answer about this please? Thank you very much!

Last edited by Graber,

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Menuhax forcefully, I tried browser but I got "infected" by the update nag that blocks the browser.

Well I really forgot this special detail, necessary to be in the main post.

My firmware is 10.1.0-27U OLD, currently "supported".

Can I get an answer about this please? Thank you very much!

julians is the one from that tutorial I believe

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Page 95 of the Simple Downgrading Tutorial thread found under the 3ds tutorials forum section. There is a slightly different one, also Julian's on page 91. Can't tell you which one is better, but I've heard they both work.

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK I will use Julian's sysupdater from this post, after formatting the SD card and entering/exiting recovery mode.

I will have to use my current "Nintendo 3DS" and "private" to get menuhax to work and launching the exploit.

I will post results ASAP.

Well Im now using other one, the one from page 91. It always gets stuck on #2 (Allocating pages, followed by: "ERROR: Can't force threads to core 1.)

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is always the damned Step 2 that fcks up the entire thing. What should I do? 30 times from this and counting. And yeah I tried using another boot manager, CTR Boot Manager.

MissingNO123

Jigglypuff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try opening an app that uses core1, pressing power, then pressing home and booting menuhax. (I forget which apps use core1, but I think 3DS Music is one)

Reactions: Graber

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt