ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Joystiq said:
superstardusthd1250609580.jpg
Sony has reaffirmed its focus on gaming in three dimensions -- Kaz Hirai just announced during the company's E3 press conference that 20 titles developed with native 3D would be released by March 2011. Some of those titles we already know, such as Super Stardust HD. We'll try to track down a full list in the coming days.

Update: More 3D titles have been outed as the presentation rolls on: Motorstorm: San Francisco, Killzone 3, Gran Turismo 5, NBA 2K11, Sly Cooper Collection, Mortal Kombat, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, EyePet and Tron.
Source

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Coreyfrog7 said:
i dont understand what natively 3D is
could someone explain?

There are tv's that can technically make something 3d, they're just throwing a 3d effect over 2d picture.
Natively 3d means that it's MEANT to be 3d and will look much much better.
That's the short of it.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
neveras said:
Coreyfrog7 said:
i dont understand what natively 3D is
could someone explain?

There are tv's that can technically make something 3d, they're just throwing a 3d effect over 2d picture.
Natively 3d means that it's MEANT to be 3d and will look much much better.
That's the short of it.
I don't think that's exactly what it means. It's not the TV that makes a 2D game look like 3D. The games are updated to support 3D.

The problem with that is that rendering every frame twice (which is essentially what you're doing with 3D) will cost a lot of performance. The problem is a lot smaller with natively developed 3D titles. The developers design the game from the ground up thinking about 3D support, making them run a lot smoother in general.

G

GentleFist

well actually it is the tv that ultimately makes the game look 3d

but it will need information on how to make it 3d

and there are tv's that can show anything in 3d without any real information about 3d

and he meant natively 3d is real 3d that has the information and the tv doesnt need to guess how it should make the image 3d but will really know how to correcly view it

i dont know if thats right but it sounds plausible to me

D

Deleted-171178

TM2-Megatron said:
Hardly "native", if they've got to halve the PS3's normal framerate to accomodate them. It's also hardly native if you need a $2000-3000+ TV plus pricey glasses to enjoy it.
I know what you mean, I had to buy a HD TV because my old TV wasnt HD, even though HD consoles like my megadrive worked on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night