1. BlazeMasterBM

BlazeMasterBM Shy Shadow Creature

United States
    Exactly. I actually really loved Sun and Moon, and SW/SH I only played an hour of my cousin's copy. I'm not spending money on that game because it looks so awful (gigantamax is cringe, no whole dex, cringy characters who talk too much, etc.) If you guys enjoy it, that's fine. But I'll never support it.

And also screw those expensive DLCs that STILL don't include the whole dex XDDD

Scott_pilgrim and DKB like this.
  2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    they said for awhile that detective pikachu 2 was a thing and we never heard of it again im expecting

detective pikachu 2 official announcement/ gameplay
    new pokemon snap additional footage/gameplay
    new pokemon game- it will be either lets go johto or remake of gen 4/other gen who knows if they remake gen 1 again or do hd remasters of colosseum/XD(one would wish :P)

Last edited by pedro702, Feb 25, 2021
  3. DKB

DKB S̵̜͎̺̔̊l̷̠̈́͗̾̏͠e̴̲͇͐e̸̹̬̔p̵̧̙̺̦̾̉.̶͚̇̎̄

United States
    Colosseum. While I am not too familiar with those games, I would be pretty hype if they did make a new one. I don't know why they're waiting so long on that.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    sun and moon are way more boring than swsh by far imo. story is boring and you cant even turn left without someone holding your hand to do so.

gigantamax is hardly used lol. you can only gigantamax on wild area spots which get you no exp so you dont gain anything unless you want to catch said pokemon, gym leaders and pokemon league, so its not like its a mechanic you can use through the game, its only used for really battling gym leaders or pokemon league otherwise it cant even be used, so it doesn't get in the way at all and doesnt fell overused because you used so far in between, that said megas were much much better imo.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

the thing is Colosseum and XD were not made by game freak so i don't know if they care or even have source codes for them available, and Pokemon Colosseum and XD look better than even sword and shield and they were gc games, and the storys and battles being only double battles was a fresh take on the series, i do love both of Colosseum and XD very much.

they are like on my top 3 favorite Pokemon games.

Scott_pilgrim and DKB like this.
  5. BlazeMasterBM

United States
    ehh I didn't like gigantamax. And hey, at least Sun and Moon have Megas, Z moves, and more Pokemon. For way cheaper

6. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Crazy Cool Cyclops

United States
    Trozeiwha?

Yeah, I'm not exactly a Pokefan, admittedly...

Scott_pilgrim and BlazeMasterBM like this.
  7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    i hated z moves lol i dont think i ever bothered to use a single z move the entire game and megas were only unlocked after you beated the game for the most part so meh, for me x and y and to extent gen 3 remake were the last decent pokemon games this last 2 gens(sun moon/ sun moon 2/ sword shield/ lets go pikachu/eevee) were all downhill from there.

BlazeMasterBM likes this.
  8. Big Man Tyrone2

Big Man Tyrone2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Not a big Pokémon guy but it's gonna be hilarious seeing the reactions if Diamond and Pearl utilizes Lets Go mechanics.

9. Ampersound

Ampersound GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I feel like TPCs next pokemon game might be a little more fleshed out than sw/sh. Otherwise a bunch of people who had been disappointed will just stop bothering with the franchise.

10. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Pokemon MMO wen

11. RobXcore

RobXcore Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    I expect riot if they announce gen 4 remakes with Let's Go mechanics. Even more, I expect riot if they do not announce gen 4 remakes at all.

12. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    ngl I expect a riot no matter what they announce
    because even though the Pokemon Company is fundamentally flawed and did a big oof (yes, I said PokeCo, not Game Freak- basically all of SwSh's major flaws come from it being rushed, and they didn't exactly rush THEMSELVES), the fanbase is also really fuckin' entitled

13. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    I'm ready for some more Snap footage. Anything else revealed won't be here until Fall at earliest.

14. BlazeMasterBM

United States
    I wouldn't be so sure;):ha::whip:

Scott_pilgrim and Xzi like this.
  15. BeastMode6

BeastMode6 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Wish they'd port the gen 3 remakes to switch. Gen 3 is my personal fav and I have a 3DS but having everything on switch would be a nice convenience.

Also all the hate for Let's Go. I didn't think Let's Go was that "bad" per say, it was just different.

16. Big Man Tyrone2

Big Man Tyrone2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    that would require gamefreak to innovate. Not possible.

17. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Expectation: A garbage Pokémon game by Gamefreak with as little effort as humanly possible

Reality: A garbage Pokémon game by Gamefreak with as little effort as humanly possible

Xzi and BlazeMasterBM like this.
  18. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    I mean it's either gonna be a 1:1 remake of Diamond and Pearl with Let's Go graphics, or it'll be Let's Go Johto. I'd say either would turn out better than SwSh, but you're spot-on with the "as little effort as humanly possible" part.

BlazeMasterBM and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  19. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Get ready to be disappointed

RobXcore and BlazeMasterBM like this.
  20. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    Everyone has their expectations sky high. It's ridiculous. I mean i dunno about the story on SWSH, but who cares? it's a pokemon game, there's a bad guy, a rival, a professor, a pokemon league to beat, new pokemons every game, and some gimmick to make the game feel slightly fresh despite the fact that it's literally the same game we've been playing for the past 25 years.
    If anything, SWSH has incredibly gorgeous graphics. Every attack has lovely and very polished particles, explosions, lights and effects going on. The enviroments could be a bit better, but compared to previous generations, again, huge improvement.

If you hate pokemon so much go play.. i dunno, monster hunter or whatever is up to your standards, because pokemon is this, the same mechanics + a gimmick + graphics that are always a couple years behind.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - presentation, Pokémon, Presents