Hardware 20 free games enough to compensate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think the 20 free games are enough?honestly i dont mind the gba games but nes games? they arent really worth a dollar is you ask me .atleast sony gave 2 Full games.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You get 20 free games with some new features installed. Stop complaining, at least you are getting something, they could have just left you guys hanging.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
It depends on your opinion. I thought it was worth it to buy my 3DS for $250 right when it came out. Granted, I'd be a little mad if the lowered the price $80 and I was left out in the cold... The NES games listed so far are really good ones. Even though they are old, they're still awesome games, at least to me. I love lotsa NES games, really. I hope Punch Out!! is one of them!
yay.gif

As for GBA games, even cooler! Granted, I've already bought a lot of the NES and GBA games I'll be receiving, but having them so handy on my 3DS will be nice. Plus, eventually they'll support multiplayer, and there's 2 3DS systems in this house!
biggrin.gif
So basically to me, it's cool, cause I'm getting sweet games instead of getting ripped $80.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't mind it. Sure they're old games or whatever but that's not really an issue since I have yet to play some of them already announced and my 3DS was free for me anyway. That's just me though....

What do you mean by Sony giving 2 Full Games? What were they for and how does it compare to 20 Full Games?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20 free games, not to mention 20 of some of the best games Nintendo has ever released... are going to be given to you for free.

Just think about that.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, just how many threads like this exist already? i think all been said about Nintendo ambassador program no offense

And yes, it is enough to compensate since you could have had nothing but yourself to point your finger at for buying it at the launch and still getting stuff

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not even close. I think it's hilarious people are willing to actually believe an NES rom is worth $5. WHAT NEW FEATURES ? ? ? ? ? ? Hell, what multiplayer ? ? ? Some update for the rom that might come down the road at some point ? ? ? ? If I wanted to play a multiplayer rom, I would take out my netbook and plug in my 2 xbox controllers, and we could play any old game I wanted instantly. PS1 games, neogeo games, etc etc etc. Nintendo coulda AT LEAST given away a voucher to get a friggin cartridge game (not even close to the value of what I wasted paying early, but AT LEAST something tangible.)

Don't you guys understand how Nintendo is CRAPPING on their fans by devaluing the SHIT out of the 3DS FIVE MONTHS, FIVE MONTHS after release ? How are 3rd parties going to view this move ? ? ? "Well, we were skeptical before, I guess we should axe s'more 3DS games to hedge our bets." Whatever, just keep jerking off over a couple free roms. I'm gonna count the days till I can pirate what little 3DS games exist. I have doubt the 3DS will even be supported at all in 2013. Hell, I'm wondering when we're gonna see Mario on a sony/ms platform.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you bought a Model T Ford in 1912 it would have cost you $850. In 1913, the price dropped to $550. In 1915, it dropped to $440. By 1925, the same car sold for only $240.

And that's how it works. Getting 20 free games is just icing on the cake. Early adopters aren't paying more for the same item ... they're paying more for the cool factor of having something before others jump on the bandwagon. If this is your first experience getting 'burned' as an early adopter, then learn and choose wisely in the future. I bought the 3DS in early June and though the price was high I accepted it. I knew the price would drop, probably before the holiday season, and I still bought it because I wanted it.

I think its awesome, and somewhat unprecedented, that Nintendo's doing anything at all for those of us who already bought in.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
Not even close. I think it's hilarious people are willing to actually believe an NES rom is worth $5. WHAT NEW FEATURES ? ? ? ? ? ? Hell, what multiplayer ? ? ? Some update for the rom that might come down the road at some point ? ? ? ? If I wanted to play a multiplayer rom, I would take out my netbook and plug in my 2 xbox controllers, and we could play any old game I wanted instantly. PS1 games, neogeo games, etc etc etc. Nintendo coulda AT LEAST given away a voucher to get a friggin cartridge game (not even close to the value of what I wasted paying early, but AT LEAST something tangible.)

Don't you guys understand how Nintendo is CRAPPING on their fans by devaluing the SHIT out of the 3DS FIVE MONTHS, FIVE MONTHS after release ? How are 3rd parties going to view this move ? ? ? "Well, we were skeptical before, I guess we should axe s'more 3DS games to hedge our bets." Whatever, just keep jerking off over a couple free roms. I'm gonna count the days till I can pirate what little 3DS games exist. I have doubt the 3DS will even be supported at all in 2013. Hell, I'm wondering when we're gonna see Mario on a sony/ms platform.
All I read here is let every device that play games be hack and let all games be free and all them should be AAA titles. If not, everything about it is doomed.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I spent $250 thinking I would be nut deep in more Augmented Reality content (nope,) 3D movies (finally a bit better,) downloadable 3D games (one is now available not counting the worthless NES remakes,) Megaman Legends 3 coming (R.I.P.,) but now there is a price drop alerting consumers and game devs that the 3DS is circling the toilet. Yay, 20 old roms.

akuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
It is better than nothing for sure, but like many others I'm not exactly planning to go on a nostalgia trip... I see some really nice, classic games in the bunch, but is that really enough for me to play through them again just because it's for free and on the 3DS? Personally for me it isn't, but at the same time, Nintendo isn't obliged to repay us early adopters in any way but are doing so purely out of goodwill, so I don't mind.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
For those ACTUALLY complaining about the 20 free games; just don't download them then. If you don't appreciate the fact you're getting them and you have "better ways to play them" then obviously you don't need them; leave it be. NObody is forcing you to download these "crappy" games (FYI, they AREN'T) and most importantly, nobody forced to to buy your 3DS (most likely). So it's your fault as a consumer for investing in something that you KNEW would inevitably drop in price.

Also, if you're complaining about lack of support by devs, WHY IN THE HOLY HELL would you pirate 3DS games? If you want your purchase to be worth it then support the devs, and they will support you. If you're not willing to then well... you KNOW the the results will be, assholes.

imagine-babies-nintendo-ds-game.jpg
imagine-babyz-fashion-nintendo-ds~5795295w.jpg

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
Yeah, piracy somehow leads to children games. That logic is solid gold.

No, it influences the companies who make GOOD games to not support the system if they do not get good sales/interest in their games. It is truth. If you look at the latter half of the GBA and DS lifecycle, the droughts of good games were apparent. If you're saying piracy has NO EFFECT AT ALL on sales figures/devs and publisher's interests in making games on a system, you're sadly mistaken.

I am not saying it leads to "childrens games". If that's what you got for that you may want to read what I said again.

punkyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Schlupi said:
For those ACTUALLY complaining about the 20 free games; just don't download them then. If you don't appreciate the fact you're getting them and you have "better ways to play them" then obviously you don't need them; leave it be. NObody is forcing you to download these "crappy" games (FYI, they AREN'T) and most importantly, nobody forced to to buy your 3DS (most likely). So it's your fault as a consumer for investing in something that you KNEW would inevitably drop in price.

Also, if you're complaining about lack of support by devs, WHY IN THE HOLY HELL would you pirate 3DS games? If you want your purchase to be worth it then support the devs, and they will support you. If you're not willing to then well... you KNOW the the results will be, assholes.

A quick slap in the face to those ambassador program haters.
grog.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
I spent $250 thinking I would be nut deep in more Augmented Reality content (nope,) 3D movies (finally a bit better,) downloadable 3D games (one is now available not counting the worthless NES remakes,) Megaman Legends 3 coming (R.I.P.,) but now there is a price drop alerting consumers and game devs that the 3DS is circling the toilet. Yay, 20 old roms.
huh.gif
(Or)Most those things can come at anytime in the near future. Maybe you can help bring back Megaman Legends 3 whether than
sit there in think the 3DS is doom.A price drop allowing even more millions of 3DS being sold and games devs hoping on it even more.
Stop thinking like a pirate.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(yuyuyup @ Aug 1 2011, 01:30 AM) Yeah, piracy somehow leads to children games. That logic is solid gold.
Well children would likely not pirate, so more devs well design for them instead. A less pirate crowded market. Soon the only market.
tpi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.