Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    To RupeeClock, I would disagree. I thought the 3DS was EASILY worth $250 considering the potential. Nowadays, not so much.

2. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Free games enough to compensate?
    They don't owe anything for giving the 3DS a priced drop.
    Even if you had to pay an extra $80, well you get it earlier then others AND everyone knew there would be a price drop.
    I say that's is more than enough.

3. The Milkman

The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    If you werent so freaking clingy whiney and impatient then maybe we would have been spared another freaking useless montage of complaints. You want MML3 so bad? FIGHT for IT! You want AR? TELL THEM.
    You want 3D Movies? TELL THEM. If you want something FIGHT FOR IT. But bitching and moaning and trying to justify it isnt helping anyone.

4. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    clingy ? ? ? ? Where the hell does that come from. Yeah, let's FIGHT FOR IT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Cause LORD KNOWS that works. With Xenoblade. Or The Last Story. Or etc etc etc. I'd rather "fight for it" with my dollars paying for 3D content. Nintendo forking over some 2D roms seems desperate. Why the hell do I want 2D roms for a 3D system ? ? ? THAT was one selling point I certainly didn't give a shit about. NON 3D roms on a 3DS. Now don't get me wrong, if a company wants to sell a good DSiware game (which are usually NEW games,) or perhaps a 3DS cartridge that DIDN'T focus on 3D but rather camera controlled/motion controlled in-game cameras, etc. I'd be all for it. But I thought to myself that $250 is a STEAL if they follow through with content. Instead, we get a price slash and 2D roms.

You want to know what would have satisfied me ? If Nintendo said, "you know what, we're gonna slash the price, and get REALLY REALLY SERIOUS about banging out 3D content and make this thing fantastic."

Instead ? "you know what, we're gonna slash the price, and give away 20 old games from our back catalog." Fantastic.

5. punkyrule

punkyrule GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    [​IMG]

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers FUPA Luva

Ecuador
    dont really understand why people complain too much about the system. people should give it time, to get developed. it has been about half a year since it came out, of course the system isnt going to have much things on its arsenal. but people keep comparing it to the psp software that is available. the psp is like 6 years old already. and not even than offers as much on the psnetwork as the 3ds is already offering. but people keep bashing on the 3ds for some reason

me, im one of the people that have bought 3ds full price, and it is totally worth it.

7. The Milkman

United States
    Your clinging too much to one game in a great list of games. I wanted MML3 and I got over its cancelation. If you dont fight for what you want it fades away. If enough people want the same thing it appears. Take this topic in general. Your taking up all this time just to get people to think on a subject like you. Now imagine if you invested this energy into actually getting capcom to atleast put prototype out. But your just wasting it here with your complaints

8. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    OBVIOUSLY nintendo want's more customers. Jesus. But does a massive price slash INSPIRE people to buy a 3DS, or does it WARN them it's the next Virtual Boy ?

I think it's bad a huge price slash came before 3D movies because a huge early price slash is a milestone that will arrive before a (in my opinion) VITAL feature kicks in. This is a bad sign.

I think if not MML3, then OTHER games might not have been/might not get cancelled if there was more 3D content bolstering the value of the 3DS.

It seems that what I considered VERY MUCH worth $250 is in reality only worth $170 and some free roms.

9. iluvfupaburgers

Ecuador
    obviously yupyup, you dont know much about supply and demand, so ill show you a simple graph of how the market works:

[​IMG]

with this shown, nintendo in theory should get more customers. which obviously is any company's goal, it would be stupid of them not wanting more customers

10. The Milkman

United States
    Your trying to make a bad thing out of a good thing. You dont WANT hope for the 3DS. You want to be a downer and pull as many others down with you. As I said before all this energy your putting into negativity could be put into something positive. You want low prices and free games look bad when it may infact boost the sales on this underdog. But I want you to ask yourself this: "Would I have been happier if they just left the price alone?" It is truly a sad sight to see a fool turn a good move into a sign of weakness.

11. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The people who were waiting on a price drop will jump on it. Skeptics will see a huge early price slash as a bad sign. Why would you invest $170 in an under supported system ?

12. The Milkman

United States
    So now your saying because its new its undersupported. Are we stearing into troll logic?

13. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    This is my logic. I was extremely excited to get the 3DS. I was willing to spend $300 for it. I saw the $250 price, and thought "well that's really not bad. I can't afford a 3D tv, a 3D setup, etc. This is obviously the perfect solution." This was not my only reason; additional reasons only increase the perceived value.

3D movies are not a gimmick to me. 3D movies are important to me. This is a top tier major feature. I want to pay to see 3D movies on my 3DS. Where are they ? I thought "Bear vs. Shark" was great. Both OK GO videos were great (one of course which is deleted forever. Thanks Nintendo.) The game preview videos are fantastic. The Green Lantern trailer is good.

I want full feature films. This is not a huge request. Where are they ?

14. iluvfupaburgers

Ecuador
    i dont have a netflix account, but doenst netflix offer 3d movies? just wondering

15. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    My friend, if it did, I'd be too busy watching 3D movies to be complaining on this thread.

16. Redhorse

Redhorse Warehouse 13 Curator

United States
    IMO No, If you, like ME are not into mario & friends, maybe your into Age of Empires or Advance Wars... then No, it's pretty well useless.... unless they release Advance Wars for the GBA as one of those which I seriously doubt. Especially since I'm on the fence as to whether this move (price drop) was a planned one or not (read article on IGN about many companies and thier price drops which were pre planned., in section 3ds).

17. iluvfupaburgers

Ecuador
    you should guve it time, all features cant be applied immediately. the system has like 6 months only. not even a year of being out. you should just give it time since they actually need permission from movie companies to post their movies and such

18. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Will the 3DS still be supported by this time next year ? This is a legitimate question. You people write off this price slash. Nintendo has NEVER slashed like this. Not even the Virtual Boy.

From IGN July 28:

Yamauchi is the 83-year old former president of Nintendo. Retiring in 2002 after running the company his great-grandfather founded, Yamauchi is estimated to still own about 10 percent of Nintendo's stock. Yesterday's drop could have cost the former executive, who ran Nintendo for 53 years, as much as $312 million according to Bloomberg.

Nintendo needs to get their shit together.

19. iluvfupaburgers

Ecuador
    they will still be here. price drop doesnt mean a company or item sold is doomed. it can also mean it is adapting to the market. stocks are always changing from time to time. there are always ups and downs. microsoft has had them, wal mart has had them, apple has had them, stocks falling mean shit

20. DroRox

DroRox Ambassador of Ooo

United States
    The price drop does mean Nintendo sold less than expected. However it's not the end of Nintendo. The DSi had the same problem but it started catching on. The price drop is just an adaptation to the market and maybe to some internal problems with the company. As to what do i think about the compensation? I think it's pretty generous. 20 free games, even if VC games are costy and approx 4-5 dollars a piece. Do the math. Maybe you wont like all of them but it's nice. They could have always just not done anything. [​IMG]

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - compensate, enough, games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.