2 year old girl run over twice in China

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by smile72, Oct 19, 2011.

Oct 19, 2011
  1. smile72
    OP

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    Source: First Post
    http://www.firstpost...oul-111292.html

My god. China's culture toward people is disgusting.

2. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    I saw this on....Reddit first I think? I've seen it like 12 times since then. :O

3. mori123

Member mori123 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    At Least the guy did not back up. to make sure he finished the job.

And while this is Horrible and grisly Anyone else wonder why theres not one iota of Info about why a 2 yearold child was walking in a street in China? what about the parents in this seems like some severe neglect to me

4. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    I've read about this a few times as well. Absolutely disgusting and disturbing.

Unless I've missed it somewhere- where in the world were the child's mother or father during this? And did they just abandon her after she got hit?

By the way, you repeated this part in your quote:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

5. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    I think I heard somewhere that the child's mother was near by, but she wasn't paying attention. Child wandered off, walked into road, got hit, the scrap worker pulled her to the sidewalk and then the mother realized the girl was gone and now injured.

Though I may very well be wrong.

6. smile72
    This message by smile72 has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 7, 2016.
    Oct 19, 2011
  7. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    WOW I am speechless. :(

8. 1NOOB
    This message by 1NOOB has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 7, 2016.
    Oct 19, 2011
  9. smile72
    This message by smile72 has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 7, 2016.
    Oct 19, 2011
  10. 1NOOB
    This message by 1NOOB has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 7, 2016.
    Oct 19, 2011
  11. smile72
    Oct 19, 2011
  12. Hyro-Sama
    This message by Hyro-Sama has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 7, 2016.
    Oct 19, 2011
  13. iggloovortex
    This message by iggloovortex has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 7, 2016.
    Oct 19, 2011
  14. 1NOOB
    Oct 19, 2011
  15. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
    so many posts deleted?
    also - terrible news

16. ComplicatioN

Member ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Australia
    Utterly disgusting. Even if the bystanders were under the effects of the 'Bystander Effect', it is simply common sense to go to the aid of a young child lying in pain on the street. I guess those who have had it rough (The Saviour) are the ones who use their brains. As for the excuse that the minivan driver made, ridiculous.

17. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    I saw the video for that on 4chan around two days ago... That thing was like... Horrible... I can deal with terrorrism and torture and all that, but animals and kids, it's just not right... I haven't felt like this since I saw that video of the sicko woman that three the puppies into the river like it was a game... I mean, what's wrong with those people? She was a baby, that guy should've stopped the car immedialy, I can understand hitting her for the first time, sure, it was an accident, but running over her even after knowing she was under the truck? I saw the video and there were several other people passing by and ignoring her like trash, there were even some other cars that just ignored it and still ran over her... I'm surprised at how she managed to stay alive... It's things like this that makes one person think about how rotten the world is becomming...
    Btw, has anyone that saw the video, have any idea of what that guy talking to the camera (I guess it's some sort of news on tv or something) is saying? And was the frentic woman in the end of the video the girls mother?

Edit: I just noticed that in that article, there's a quote of psychologics, saying that it's the people that passed by were probably good people, how can that be? I don't care what the mind does and what it doesn't, I do know however that compassion and morality exist for all.

18. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    This is absolutely disgusting...

I'm speechless...

19. ShakeBunny

Member ShakeBunny GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Reading this, I'm showered with a plethora of emotion, but one seems to trump the rest.

Shame.

When a person, let alone a two year old little girl, is laying in the street fighting to stay alive, you drop what you're doing and fucking help.

I have to admit I'm not strong enough to watch the video.

20. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Another recent article on this unfortunate event explains that, as of yet, the girl's parents have not come to see her in the hospital (as reported by her grandfather) because "the strain is too great for them".
    And a response from the mother:
    More included here.

My heart and thoughts are with this girl.

21. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Yeah, I seen this earlier. This is sickening.

Bystander effect at its worst.

22. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I really suggest people not read the article. It's a bit iffy in some places. Rather, go watch the video yourself. You can find it on pretty much any raw upload site, including LiveLeak.

You'll get the exact reaction you need. You'll also get the full gravity of what happened.

It looks like the second van paralyzed her. She was trying to move before that, but after, she stops, and when the woman tries to move her, she's completely limp and falls over when sat up. She wasn't very mobile before the second van, however. She was also bleeding for quite some time. About 19 people passed, on foot and in vehicles, directly by her (two on her) before the lady with the bags decided to move her out of the street. A separate woman can to pick up the child.

23. Pyrate02

Member Pyrate02 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    *Some* Chinese have no regard for human life. They poison their environment and their own food supply for the sake of profits. It's all about money to them. They also grossly mistreat animals. There is no way in hell I would ever visit China.

24. Moose13

Member Moose13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This, seriously, is one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen. I can't fathom how many people walked by, practically stepping over the limp body of a child, to get down the street. I usually don't get emotional over stuff like this. This one really affected me. I just cant understand how the human race is regressing. How could no one stop and try to help. HOW?
    I may be an emotional wreck for the rest of the day...

25. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    How is the entire world at fault when it was the fault of one Chinese community?

26. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    Welcome to Capitalism.

This doesn't surprise me. And this is not a comment about China. I lived in China for over 6 months, but the greatest cruelty I saw elsewhere. All for money, too.

27. Memoir

Member Memoir Undeserved

United States
    Heh.. Even with the fault on ONE community, that doesn't exactly excuse how the rest of world is taking certain things at the moment... Either I misread what he said, or you did. Either way... It's plausible.

28. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    wow, that's awful.