2 year marriage licence...

What are your thoughts on a two year marraige license?

• Its a smart idea

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I geuss it could work

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Marraige is a commitment, not a trial

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Fuck this, and get rid of divorce too

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Narayan said:
SickPuppy said:
Does that mean people in mexico have to renew their marriage every 2 years, sounds like a money maker for the mexican government
no, the source says trial period will be 2 years, then you'll decide after if you want to upgrade to a full version.

what's the church's say to this?
Is it just me or does this sentence make you feel they are taking about a software subscription rather than marriage
unsure.gif

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Arnt marages meant to be made with someone you love and have at least thought it throught before you make the jump?
So shouldnt it stay as being lifetime.
Isnt that what divorces are for?

Reactions: 1 person

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is a brilliant idea. No divorces to suffer through if you decide to leave one another, and if you do, renewing your marriage every two years would be really romantic and stuff.
laugh.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just celebrated my 25th yesterday actually.

I've been married for 25 years NOT because there is no escape, but because every morning its the same, I want to have sex with my wife.

She makes it just as hard as the first time. I like it just as much every time. Hell yesterday morning, I am standing behind her bare ass giving it to her, and it's "happy anniversary dear" while screwing her. Sounds obnoxious maybe to some people's way of thinking, but I think my wife is the perfect mate.

But not everyone gets to be so damned lucky. My best buddy was with me last night for out dinner night out. He's been married 28 years himself. He was my best man. I was the best man for another of my buddies, and he has been married quite a few years as well. Heck I don't know what either sees in their respective wives though
smile.gif
My friends are always kidding me and saying to my wife "what did you do to deserve him" said derisively at me jokingly. But I also know that most of my friends and acquaintances have had marriages roll over and die.

Some people can show you the right car to buy, but haven't a fucking clue how to find a soul mate.

I think 2 year marriages though, likely means a lot more marriages end in divorces all because it just becomes too easy to just not fight to make them work. My friend with his 28 years, he had a moment when it looked bad, they fixed what was wrong. I've had a few sizable bumps too. In 20+ years, you experience some bumps. Only an idiot thinks you get 20+ years of smooth sailing. My parents went 50+ years, and dad was a good man till he passed away. But there's was also not all smooth surface.

2 Year marriages sound too much like a reason for a veeeeeeery long obligation to have sex. Just long enough to end up with a child that ends up without one parent.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ProtoKun7 said:
Someone must have mistaken General Consoles for General Off-Topic.
(Moving, and fixing title while I'm at it)

Also, in regards to the topic, I agree; marriage is supposed to be permanent. If you have doubts, best to not get married in the first place, but if you do, you're supposed to stick with it.

I agree with this! And I actually first thought of the following when I read the title:
You have to be engaged with someone for 2 years before marriage, to see that it'll last... hah
tongue.gif

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
I just celebrated my 25th yesterday actually.

I've been married for 25 years NOT because there is no escape, but because every morning its the same, I want to have sex with my wife.

She makes it just as hard as the first time. I like it just as much every time. Hell yesterday morning, I am standing behind her bare ass giving it to her, and it's "happy anniversary dear" while screwing her. Sounds obnoxious maybe to some people's way of thinking, but I think my wife is the perfect mate.

yeah, marriage is nothing but legalized rrape imo

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
tbh this makes it too easy for a couple to split so you don't have to think about it before making the decision, my parents have fights every now and then and I'm sure other couples do to, I'm definitely not an expert on the subject, but I reckon that this will lead to rash decisions and many regrets

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Marriage is a legal contract. It has nothing to do with love, commitment, etc. Anyone who says otherwise is conflating the legal contract of marriage with the religious rite of marriage, which are two completely separate things.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
tbh this makes it too easy for a couple to split so you don't have to think about it before making the decision, my parents have fights every now and then and I'm sure other couples do to, I'm definitely not an expert on the subject, but I reckon that this will lead to rash decisions and many regrets

marriage is a rash decision and a regret to most. just because people stay together does not mean they are happy together. children are a big factor.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
It can be apart of marriage or not, marriage is mainly benefits, I'm confusing nothing. I'm saying if a couple chose to end the marriage after 2 years, and they feel they love each other again they can always get remarried.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
they should have a 2 year trainingslicence before youre allowed to even get married in the first place. and afterwards, you're not allowed to divorce anymore.

my two cents

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smile72 said:
It can be apart of marriage or not, marriage is mainly benefits, I'm confusing nothing. I'm saying if a couple chose to end the marriage after 2 years, and they feel they love each other again they can always get remarried.

This article is about the legal contract of marriage. It has nothing to do with the religious rite of marriage, love, commitment, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.