2 year marriage licence...

What are your thoughts on a two year marraige license?

• Its a smart idea

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I geuss it could work

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Marraige is a commitment, not a trial

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Fuck this, and get rid of divorce too

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Puregamer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Mexico is planning on passing a law that allows you to be commited to a marraige for 2 years, and then you can decide if you want to continue it or end the marraige.

http://lifestyle.sympatico.ca/living/news_..._years/59ec5a40

Personally, i find it pathetic, marraige is meant to be bout a commitment for lifetime, everlasting love, and comfort etc.

But logically, i guess its not a bad idea, since the divorce rate is really high and is increasing each year.

Thoughts?

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's a great idea, if after 2 year you don't like the person, no messy divorce the contract just dissolves. Sounds amazing.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think using the word pathetic is a bit extreme. Times change along with our values, and currently, marriage is going through a major shift.

Honestly, this is a pretty good idea. I'll be interested in seeing if anyone else follows their lead.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait I just noticed but why the hell is this in general console discussions? Shouldn't this be in User Submitted News?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean people in mexico have to renew their marriage every 2 years, sounds like a money maker for the mexican government

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
SickPuppy said:
Does that mean people in mexico have to renew their marriage every 2 years, sounds like a money maker for the mexican government
no, the source says trial period will be 2 years, then you'll decide after if you want to upgrade to a full version.

what's the church's say to this?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
SickPuppy said:
no, the source says trial period will be 2 years, then you'll decide after if you want to upgrade to a full version.

Why should the church have any say in this? Why not ask what the national knitting association has to say on this?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
nando said:
Narayan said:
SickPuppy said:

Why should the church have any say in this? Why not ask what the national knitting association has to say on this?
what do you mean?

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't Mexico a total cluster**** anyway due to all of the gang violence?

On a human standpoint, I find it beneficial so you don't get "stuck in a marriage" with somebody you didn't truly love.
I don't like this because it violates so many morals.

Hey I got a great idea! Let's totally abolish Marriage and just have a binding contract that can be terminated at any given time! Because it is not called a Marriage, you can "bind" with as many people as you like, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, etc. Also because it is not called a "Marriage" those that live by morals "technically" have no right complaining about it!

Man, I'm such a legal ***hole!

Still I don't agree with it, but people will be people and make countless mistakes. I only hope that the foolhardy will learn from such things.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it's great. Now gold diggers need to be nice for at leaf 2 years or their hubbies can walk away without alimony fees. It resolves a lot of messes. Really getting married is usually done by stupid people who may wise up in 2 years. This is good

Aurionfox

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
It's just stupid... why?, because if a couple truly love each other and for any reason they forgot to renovate the contract then everything after that doesn't exists anymore, health care, credit cards, school for their childrens... i don't know there's to many wrong things with that, our stupid and lazy government are going to give to much freedom to the people.... and you know what happens when they do that...

But yeah as SickPuppy says, it's just a money maker... if they can, they'll just made taxes for breathing, i don't like the idea of a Trial version of marriage... well at least i hope they don't create some kind of DLC for that
unsure.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aurionfox said:
It's just stupid... why?, because if a couple truly love each other and for any reason they forgot to renovate the contract then everything after that doesn't exists anymore, health care, credit cards, school for their childrens... i don't know there's to many wrong things with that, our stupid and lazy government are going to give to much freedom to the people.... and you know what happens when they do that...

Maybe it is then time to remove the legal perks of marriage.

QUOTE(DJ91990 @ Oct 5 2011, 04:52 AM) Also because it is not called a "Marriage" those that live by morals "technically" have no right complaining about it!

I think I get what you are trying to say but I would say the second set of quotes second belong one word before where they are- "morals", by which I assume you speak of the term as used those that wish to tie it to some form of religion or "traditional values", and what might be considered moral behaviour are not mutually exclusive.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Someone must have mistaken General Consoles for General Off-Topic.
(Moving, and fixing title while I'm at it)

Also, in regards to the topic, I agree; marriage is supposed to be permanent. If you have doubts, best to not get married in the first place, but if you do, you're supposed to stick with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1