2 Xbox 360s, Want to flash em'! No PC =(

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by NinjaGuerra, Sep 18, 2011.

1. NinjaGuerra
    OP

NinjaGuerra Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2009
    United States
    I have an old Hitachi Xbox that i've opened up and done several mods (xclamp/air sheath) to get it running again. Now it runs but is very loud and emits a lot of heat from the back of it.
    Is it worth modding to run backups? I'm not sure how much life this xbox has left.

I also have a Red Xbox 360 Elite with a LiteOn drive (darn T_T)

The bad thing is all I have available to me is a Macbook. I'm running Windows 7 on a separate partition.

I have read the jungleflasher tutorial and some begginers guides. But im still having trouble on where to start, or if i even want to.

Is it possible to flash a liteon drive with X360USB Pro?

If not is it worth flashing my old 360?

2. chaosdarkneo

chaosdarkneo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    While I think it's true that modding reduces the life of an XBOX, if you just put a fan somewhere near to the back of it to keep it from getting too hot, it shouldn't die very quickly.

If you have an older console, I say flash it.

3. Zaertix

Zaertix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    USA
    You need a CK3 probe along with the USB pro to flash the liteon. I'd say flash the Hitachi.

4. Riley

Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2009
    Canada
    BC Canada
    I'd say no flash and use non-jtag exploit till it gets patched

5. FlashX007

FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

Newcomer
    May 3, 2009
    United States
    What about used 360s at gamestop? I figure those are cheap but im not sure if theyre old or not. I always wanted to buy one and get it flashed. I agree though fanning the back is helpful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice