Hardware 2 x 256GB SanDisk cards corrupting installs after 4 games

fridych

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am having an issue that I have been battling for a week now with 2 brand new 256GB SanDisk Micro SD Ultra cards that I thought would solve an issue I was having with a cheaper card (Nuflash).

I am running CFW 10.1.0 with latest Atmos setup (pushing Fusee payload) downloaded directly from Atmospher Github's repo. All of my fusee sigpatches are current (as per Github's repo). Installing NSPs with Goldleaf latest version (0.9).

I can install whatever game I want successfully, but once I hit the mark of 4 games on any card, all subsequent games start giving me all kinds of errors (corrupted, press home, does not load when installed, etc...). However, if I prepare another card with same setup, those same games not installing properly do get installed on the new card until I install 4 games, and now the games that installed successfully on the other card do not install on the new one after uninstalling previous installation, and restarting, and pressing vol +/- and power for maintenance mode. If I try a third card same thing happens and can only play the desired games swapping the cards. When I check the cards health with error checking tools, nothing is wrong with the cards. I tried copying the Nintendo folder from a card to another card (merged successfully), but when starting the console only the games installed using the current card load successfully and the console shows the cloud icon on those games I just copied Nintendo folder from different card installing those games.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Were they amazingly priced? Are they from Wish? Good!
They are fake.
Trash them and feel good that you paid for crap.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, and most important, make sure you are formating the cards to FAT32 format on pc. Windows by default will not format to Fat32 so you must use a program like GUIFormat tool, or AOMEI Partition Assistant.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: wicksand420

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
So I am having an issue that I have been battling for a week now with 2 brand new 256GB SanDisk Micro SD Ultra cards that I thought would solve an issue I was having with a cheaper card (Nuflash).

I am running CFW 10.1.0 with latest Atmos setup (pushing Fusee payload) downloaded directly from Atmospher Github's repo. All of my fusee sigpatches are current (as per Github's repo). Installing NSPs with Goldleaf latest version (0.9).

I can install whatever game I want successfully, but once I hit the mark of 4 games on any card, all subsequent games start giving me all kinds of errors (corrupted, press home, does not load when installed, etc...). However, if I prepare another card with same setup, those same games not installing properly do get installed on the new card until I install 4 games, and now the games that installed successfully on the other card do not install on the new one after uninstalling previous installation, and restarting, and pressing vol +/- and power for maintenance mode. If I try a third card same thing happens and can only play the desired games swapping the cards. When I check the cards health with error checking tools, nothing is wrong with the cards. I tried copying the Nintendo folder from a card to another card (merged successfully), but when starting the console only the games installed using the current card load successfully and the console shows the cloud icon on those games I just copied Nintendo folder from different card installing those games.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you have two fake cards.

I'd recommend running "h2testw" on them to check the validity of them.

fridych

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I purchased (see picture attached). Running h2testw right now on one of them and will post result. Does anyone recommends a particular brand / model / distributor / seller for switch cards? Is it possible all 3 256gb cards are fake? I see the possibility as all games do install successfully on freshly formatted cards.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

First off, and most important, make sure you are formating the cards to FAT32 format on pc. Windows by default will not format to Fat32 so you must a program like GUIFormat tool, or AOMEI Partition Assistant.
Yes... Have always used GUIFormat quick and long type formatting.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Unfortunately, it sounds like you have two fake cards.

I'd recommend running "h2testw" on them to check the validity of them.
Working on it and will post result

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 170

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I purchased (see picture attached). Running h2testw right now on one of them and will post result. Does anyone recommends a particular brand / model / distributor / seller for switch cards? Is it possible all 3 256gb cards are fake? I see the possibility as all games do install successfully on freshly formatted cards.
That's the exact brand and type I use, with no problems at all...But does not mean ones you got are not fake repackaged.

fridych

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I am getting this results from h2testw app on one of the cards (assuming the other 2 cards are just as bad):

The media is likely to be defective.
32.2 GByte OK (67734973 sectors)
119.7 GByte DATA LOST (251130435 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
119.7 GByte corrupted (251130435 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000008131b7a00
Expected: 0x00000008131b7a00
Found: 0xcf252b6308a46b74
H2testw version 1.3

Anyone knows of a possible way to repair this card? I already ran chkdsk /r (/f and /r) and getting the results above. Did long formats with GuiFormat and Windows 10.

fridych

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the exact brand and type I use, with no problems at all...But does not mean ones you got are not fake repackaged.

Getting bad results on both cards with corruption even after trying chkdsk /r

What do you recommend as far as not buying fake or faulty stuff?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you are a prime user get it from Amazon, never had any issue with one that is sold and shipped by Amazon directly. Always test your card, and never buy a cheap card, you know it is fake why pay for it, and go through the trouble of getting a refund.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Gaaldornick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI when buying from Amazon if you buy a used one from the Amazon warehouse it's basically a coin toss whether or not it's a fake one sent back to Amazon after a user kept the real one. Best to buy it brand new (yeah unfortunate given the price but that's the best way.)

Reactions: Retro_Mod_Gamer

Retro_Mod_Gamer

Niche List Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So far I am getting this results from h2testw app on one of the cards (assuming the other 2 cards are just as bad):

The media is likely to be defective.
32.2 GByte OK (67734973 sectors)
119.7 GByte DATA LOST (251130435 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
119.7 GByte corrupted (251130435 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000008131b7a00
Expected: 0x00000008131b7a00
Found: 0xcf252b6308a46b74
H2testw version 1.3

Anyone knows of a possible way to repair this card? I already ran chkdsk /r (/f and /r) and getting the results above. Did long formats with GuiFormat and Windows 10.
those are 32gb cards reformatted as 256gb. They are fake. use Minitool to create a partition to the amount declared as OK (32.2gb), leave the rest unallocated and they can actually be used as 32gb cards. take a picture of your H2testW results for your refund claim.

Costco has the best cards at the best value I have seen. GENUINE SanDisk 256gb cards are $50CAD, probably sell for less than $40USD.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs