wiichkin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi All,

I have two wiimote bt questions

1. has anyone have successfully setup a wiimote with either one of these adapters:

nGear Bluetooth USB Adapter V2.0 - CB-545
Voyco USB ES-3881

I know that at least some ES-388 based adapters are working, but I couldn't find any info on ES-3881

2. Assuming I have a BT adapter that works with the wiimote and I am able to pair the two and use the wiimote on PC, what happens when I use the same wiimote with my wii. Will it lose the pairing and have to be added to the BT stack again?

Thanks

cynthia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No comment on Q1, but you would probably have to do the pairing again every time the wiimote power goes off anyway. (I use OSX, so this is based on my experience on OSX only)

wiichkin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
cynthia: does that mean that you actually have to run the discovery for it, enter the code, etc.? Or do you simply mean that once you power on the wiimote the OSX BT stack automatically finds an existing profile and activates the connection?

regarding Q1, there is a list of working and not working adapters (http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Compatible_Bluetooth_Devices), but it's far from complete. The problem is typically not the hardware, as arctic flame said, it's a standard, but rather software and driver support.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
The Windows stack apparently works fine, so if it doesn't work with the provided drivers, try the windows default ones...?

Sorry I can't help you much, but I've never bothered pairing a Wii remote with my PC, and I run Linux
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."