2 Wiimote Bluetooth Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by wiichkin, Dec 27, 2007.

Dec 27, 2007
  1. wiichkin
    OP

Newcomer wiichkin Newbie

Russia
    Hi All,

I have two wiimote bt questions

1. has anyone have successfully setup a wiimote with either one of these adapters:

nGear Bluetooth USB Adapter V2.0 - CB-545
    Voyco USB ES-3881

I know that at least some ES-388 based adapters are working, but I couldn't find any info on ES-3881

2. Assuming I have a BT adapter that works with the wiimote and I am able to pair the two and use the wiimote on PC, what happens when I use the same wiimote with my wii. Will it lose the pairing and have to be added to the BT stack again?

Thanks

2. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    Bluetooth is a universal standard, so any adaptor should work...

No idea about your second question though.

3. cynthia

Newcomer cynthia Member

Korea, South
    No comment on Q1, but you would probably have to do the pairing again every time the wiimote power goes off anyway. (I use OSX, so this is based on my experience on OSX only)

4. wiichkin
    OP

Newcomer wiichkin Newbie

Russia
    cynthia: does that mean that you actually have to run the discovery for it, enter the code, etc.? Or do you simply mean that once you power on the wiimote the OSX BT stack automatically finds an existing profile and activates the connection?

regarding Q1, there is a list of working and not working adapters (http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Compatible_Bluetooth_Devices), but it's far from complete. The problem is typically not the hardware, as arctic flame said, it's a standard, but rather software and driver support.

5. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    The Windows stack apparently works fine, so if it doesn't work with the provided drivers, try the windows default ones...?

Sorry I can't help you much, but I've never bothered pairing a Wii remote with my PC, and I run Linux [​IMG]