RBYG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Well, if you've been frequenting the User Submitted News area you will see that there has been a lot of new about other stuff other than gaming.

Lot of politics and peace issues to be precise.

So let's have a separate section for all the other news articles that are not related to gaming.

Yes or No?

I say Yes.

J

Jackreyes

This would definitely be a useful feature I think.
People could avoid the non-gaming news that they dislike so much without any fuss.
What harm could this do?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My suggestion is to remove it altogether. Stick with NDS-Games and General Off Topic. I hate it when someone posts news in the News section, and another person posts the exact same thing in one of the other sections. It happens every time something big happens (Pokemon Black & White, for example), guaranteed.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest I don't think world news should have a section at all and it doesn't belong in User Submitted either, it belongs in offtopic discussion.

I'm not saying it's not worth reading because I do follow those threads, but this is a gaming website and I don't think it's relevant. I'd be worried that a general world news section would just start echoing every newspaper out there, rather than just including topics intended to open to discussion, which is kind of the whole point of a forum. If I just wanted to read the news, I'd look on the BBC website, not here.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same as Psyfira, I think it's more general discussion section.
we don't need a new section for "other news".

And more important, it doesn't bother me to have other news in there. I just read the one I want.
So, I vote no.

but I would like them more in general discussion if I had to search for them later.

D

Deleted User

Psyfira said:
To be honest I don't think world news should have a section at all and it doesn't belong in User Submitted either, it belongs in offtopic discussion.

I'm not saying it's not worth reading because I do follow those threads, but this is a gaming website and I don't think it's relevant. I'd be worried that a general world news section would just start echoing every newspaper out there, rather than just including topics intended to open to discussion, which is kind of the whole point of a forum. If I just wanted to read the news, I'd look on the BBC website, not here.
I absoluely agree with you on this.
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, no. The only reason we got a lot of "non-gaming news" this week is because a lot of big "non-gaming" stuff was happening. Most of time there's hardly any political news. Even then, there's not enough news here that's not gaming to warrant a separate section. As others said, just use General Off Topic for political news.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person