Hacking 2 Save Files Diff Region

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Simple question, I would like to know if anyone KNOWS the answer to this.

Can you have 2 different region versions of a save file on your wii without probs. (I'm thinking it depends on how the Wii reads the save directory)

If the Wii only looks at the folder naming and nothing else it SHOULD be possible, but we know the wii reads the actual save file (hence the mini description and pic in data management on the wii) So can they co-exist without probs as the 4th letter would be diff on the folder.

If we can have the 2 saves, I have an awsome idea, but first I need to know if both would be fine and not be corrupted. Anyone know (not think) the answer?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That was quick, u rule m8
wink.gif

Ok now I gotta look into a way of forcing the Wii to recognise a game as a region I select so that when it saves, it names the folder, as I want. If this could be done we could add a different letter to the end, lets say for example A.
Now I dont mean run a game from a different region, I mean you put in a game, run it through the app (imagine gecko os but different) and select "A"

"A" Would be you cheat file (RxxA) ;-) and another example "B" (RxxB) is an extra 3 saves or whatever

this could also be used if a game only comes with say 3 slots to save, and you need 4 or 6 etc, then you could have 2 different ones (same region) of the same game.

Recap of idea...

1 game DVD (1 region)
Open it through the app and boot it using a diff code, if the A one labeld Cheat or sumin, it reads & writes to that etc.

So a silly question here, if you use gecko os to boot a game and force region, does it name the folder of the save to that region? Gecko os just freezes for me, so cant check, imo, it uses the right code, so wouldn't creat a 2nd file, or would it?

If it did, and say you have all pal games, you could put the cheats of the USA one on your wii and use them by loading the PAL iso as an NTSC on. I aint explained it totally, soz, hope someone gets the idea and can contribute, theories and or facts about this, and I dont think gecko does that, so a new app would need to be written. If geckoos did do that tho, we could use that as a starting point, and a makeshift testing version now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey