Hacking 2 r4i- SDHC red package updated firmware freezing! HELP!

davidoff246

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey i just picked up 2 new r4i sdhc red package cards, it was working flawlessy before updating (it says v1.4 on it) but i used the games engine to update and now its all freezing and it's really cheesing me cause i literally got it 2 hours ago and both of the cards are freezing(when going into games when i hit the games engine icon it freezes if i hit the multimedia icon also freezes only thing it doesnt freeze on is config but it freezes if i tap anything in the config.) any help with this would be amazing, i would reformat and put in firmware and such but im a newb with this chip i used dstt before but now i got a dsi so gotta step it up. Thanks in advance for any help!

also quick sidenote if this is relative at all but one of em says compatible with ndsi XL/ndsi/ndsl/nds and the other says ndsi LL/ndsi/ndsl/nds but i checked on the site and it said the XL one is fourth gen and the LL is 3rd gen whatever that means, ALSO it says on the chip wifi r4i v1.4 upgrade revolution for ds on both if that means anything. THanks :>

foul.imp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, I'm about to post a similar thread! I'm sure this is what happened to me with my R4i SDHC - i think I updated using some option somewhere in the shell or something!

Wish I hadn't, it was working perfectly! Now it screws up when I go into the game browser, and also when I go into the media browser - formatting the SD card doesn't work, and I've replaced the firmware from 1.09b (doesn't work at all) up to 1.22 (loads, but doesn't work!)

My error is a black creen with the red writing "Please upgrade the hardware for support latest firmware."

...er - sorry! Hijacked your thread mate. I'll repost one of my own ^__^

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davidoff246 said:
hey i just picked up 2 new r4i sdhc red package cards, it was working flawlessy before updating (it says v1.4 on it) but i used the games engine to update and now its all freezing and it's really cheesing me cause i literally got it 2 hours ago and both of the cards are freezing(when going into games when i hit the games engine icon it freezes if i hit the multimedia icon also freezes only thing it doesnt freeze on is config but it freezes if i tap anything in the config.) any help with this would be amazing, i would reformat and put in firmware and such but im a newb with this chip i used dstt before but now i got a dsi so gotta step it up. Thanks in advance for any help!

also quick sidenote if this is relative at all but one of em says compatible with ndsi XL/ndsi/ndsl/nds and the other says ndsi LL/ndsi/ndsl/nds but i checked on the site and it said the XL one is fourth gen and the LL is 3rd gen whatever that means, ALSO it says on the chip wifi r4i v1.4 upgrade revolution for ds on both if that means anything. THanks :>

there are at least 3 different "r4i sdhc" manufacturers i'm aware of, please tell which site specifically your carts come from.
moogle.gif

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
exangel said:
davidoff246 said:

there are at least 3000000000000 different "r4i sdhc" manufacturers i'm aware of, please tell which site specifically your carts come from.
moogle.gif

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got given one of those cards the other day. The one from this website www.r4i-sdhc.com

Mine the v1.4 one, i'm using their latest firmware & to be quite honest its shocking. Crashes all the time, looks awful & confusing no matter what skin is on it.

I have read that these cards are clones of the DSTT? Is that right? I;ve also read that the DSTT firmware cant be used on them. I've tried a few different firmwares on it including YSmenu with little to no success.

Can anybody recommend a good firmware for me, the OP & anyone else who's having issues with this particular type of crappy cloned card?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
foul.imp said:
My error is a black creen with the red writing "Please upgrade the hardware for support latest firmware."
That means you're trying to use the 1.4 cart's firmware on a cart not designed to work on 1.4. "Please upgrade hardware" means "buy a new card". There is no way to get yours working on a 1.4 DSi.

nijiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Is ur RED R4iSDHC 1.4 the one contains Xmas ver.?
If it is, u can use wood 1.11 by change some source code by urself to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3