2 Quick Questions.

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by ChiddaPotta, Jul 15, 2008.

Jul 15, 2008

2 Quick Questions. by ChiddaPotta at 6:30 AM (1,269 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ChiddaPotta
    OP

Newcomer ChiddaPotta Advanced Member

Canada
    If im going to be modding a psp should i get a 2GB or 4GB MS? Ill be playing lotta games. 2. Does PSPtube work with a normal psp slim without having to mod it? same goes as Windows XP PSP.

2. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    1. Get a 4GB, but since it sounds like you won't be modding it (as much as I love the PSP, it's useless unmodded), 1GB would be enough for saves and music and a movie.
    2. No, no homebrew or ISOs/CSOs will run on an unmodded PSP
    2.5. I think so. IIRC Windows XP PSP is just a portal you run in the web browser

3. spectral

spectral Newbie

1. With regards to the memory stick it depends on how many games,movies and MP3's you want on at once. PSP games can be anywhere from 200-300MB to 1.8GB.

2. Without installing custom firmware you cant run any homebrew at all.

4. Kuya

Newcomer Kuya Advanced Member

United States
    Like myuusmeow said, as much as I love the PSP, its absically a piece of sh!t unmodded. You cant run ISOS, CSOs, homebrew, etc... and thats all a PSP is good for. (IMO) If youre sure youre not going to want to mod it (I dont see why not...) then just buy a 1Gb stick. That will be MORE than enough. Unless you have a lot of songs and you dont have an mp3 player or iPod, then I guess get a 2Gb or 4Gb according to how much music you have.

5. ChiddaPotta
    OP

Canada
    What!? I am modding my PSP. I just can't get Pandora Battery the day i get a PSP (which is today [​IMG]) So if i JUST install Custom Firmware (no MMS/Pandora) PSPtube would work? (I bet not) I mean seriously, who doesn't want to mod their psp? [​IMG]

6. Kuya

Newcomer Kuya Advanced Member

United States
    Oh, in that case, youre probably gonna want at LEAST a 4Gb memory card. Trust me... I have a total of 7Gbs of memory, and that is NOTHING. Im gonna have to pull 50 bucks out of my ass for another 4Gb card, cause its just not enough. Theres so much good stuff for the PSP (and it doesnt help that the good games are HUGE).

And about the PSPTube question, as long a you are in custom firmware, you can use it.

7. Primworm

Member Primworm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you NEED the MMS and pandora to install CFW. You are stuck with a regular PSP until you obtain those, which once you use them, you probably wont need them (atleast the battery) anymore unless you semi brick your PSP.

8. ChiddaPotta
    OP

Canada
    Im planning on getting a 4GB MS today with my PSP thats like 35 or 40 bucks. Ill buy a Pandora battery off dealextreme later, right now i have 220 bucks [​IMG] PSP (170) + 4GB MS (35-40) = 205-210. Woot. 10 bucks for Pandora Battery.