Hacking 2 questions on Quake Wii

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Is the color meant to look all weird and crap *it's kinda greenish and purplish* or am i doing something wrong? I'm using component cables if that helps.

2. I have the full version of quake but when i put it on the SD and tried to load it it said "Can not find PAK file" but there wasn't a PAK file in the full version of quake i have, i can only find it inthe demo version, how can i fix this i want to play the full game and not just a demo.

other than that i just wanna say the game is heaps fun to play, i just walk around aimlessly sometimes shooting enemies. kudos to whoever ported it.

taarna23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heh, have you ever seen the palette for quake? Total epic fail. If your starting screen is mostly browns, it's all good, if not, well... Someone better with Wii homebrew might be able to help, hehe. All I know is I use a component cable as well, and the colours are just as I remember.

As far as the pak files, they should be in the QUAKE/ID1 folder at wherever you installed the game. I had to go dig up my disc so I could load this up on the Wii. ^.^

dimmujed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This may help you judge, I suggest goin to the page and clicking the button below the view count that says "watch in high quality"

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cant really tell even in high quality, but from what i can see the colors seem to appear much more normal than they do on mine.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
The colors are different on the Wii version compared to the PC.

(You know when you let something to long in the sun? or when something is so old the colors are washed away a bit cause of daily lighf, something like that, but he, the game is old
tongue.gif
)

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
true so long as it's normal i spose then i'm happy it's stll playable. theres just that full version problem now, i dont know why the PAK file isn't in the ID1 file on the install in my PC. if i put all the full version files in the ID1 folder on my SDCard and find some demo PAK file will that work or it'll still play the demo?

deadrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had to put the ID1/ folder with the pak files in into the root for it to find them. QUAKE/ID1 wouldnt work?!
Just me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    Lol I think there was some home brew
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tap to get bigger!
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/j7nOeihhqX0?si=0Krm92hxEDoEw9Je