Hacking 2 Questions before I take the plunge

foundshogo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. So I’ve been reading up on everything and finally decided to get a G6 Lite with a Passcard 3. Now before I pick them up, I wanted to ask you a couple of questions. The last time I kept up with this whole thing is back when EFA just released their 256mb card for the gba. Now my questions were, does the G6 lite require itself to be charged? Basically, do I have to charge it once a week (month?) in order for it to store my saves? Second question, has the G6 lite English version come out yet? I’ve been reading about it and I am quite confused as some people say it is and some say it isn’t. Thank you!
smile.gif

P.S. Just thought of another question. Is their a certain amount of times you can write games into the cart? Is there anyway it'll die after using it awhile? Thanks!

P.S.S Thought of another question
unsure.gif
Does this kill the DS battery life? or should it stay the same? (I read in the review that if you take the passcard out it'll stay the same...does that mean with the passcard in it'll take away alot of the battery? Thanks!)

Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I haven't got my g6 lite yet (looks like it's in Finland's customs office
mad.gif
) But I've done some research about it.

1) It doesn't need to be charged. It has some SRAM memory, to which it saves your save games, but it transfers the saves to the flash memory (or whatever the term is) the next time you boot up the system. (or do a soft reset) also the SRAM charges itself when your playing. Maybe if you wait a long time (like weeks) before letting the unit transfer your save to the flash memory you might loose your latest save. (not really sure about that one)

2) the english version is out, I've ordered one myself. Though I read a post which said that the PDA functions are currently chinese even in the english version, but I can't confirm that.

3) I dont think it will just die out. (well not soon atleast. of course nothing lasts forever)

Anyone feel free to correct me if I got something wrong.

foundshogo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you! Hmmm...so the english versions pda functions are still in chinese? rats T_T Thanks for answering! If anyone else has anything to add to this that would be great. Thank you!

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
2) yes PDA functions aren't hardware dependent, currently for G6/M3 only chinese PDA version is available
Edit : try DSOrganize instead of G6's PDA, for now.

3) actually it's the method used that sucks the batteries off. iirc, reading data from GBA slot takes more power (usually you don't care because GBA games use GBA CPU, which is far less powerful, but using this slot with the DS CPU... well, feel free to correct me to). Plus, while using passcard the DS keep checking in the DS slot to, which sucks a little more power

basically you should lose about 2-3h of gameplay at worst on DS Lite (perhaps more on DS since battery are not as efficient), with passcard, and get half an hour to 1h by removing passcard after booting, but will lose the DS's Sleep Mode

foundshogo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"2) yes PDA functions aren't hardware dependent, currently for G6/M3 only chinese PDA version is available
Edit : try DSOrganize instead of G6's PDA, for now."

If you could clarify some things for me. Does that mean that if they update their software, it might make the PDA functions english? Also, how would I use DSorganize isntead of the G6's PDA? Thanks! If these questions have already been answered, could you please point me at the right direction to look for the information. Thanks!

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
Yes PDA is part of the firmware update, when I got my M3 I didn't have it, then an update came up with the add of a new icon "PDA" (M3/G6 are from the same team, those kind of update make their arrival together)
this function needs, to work, a set of file you may be able to find on the official site
however, currently there is only the chinese version of those files

they promised it "in the next few weeks" months ago, that why I recommended you DSorganize which works great (at least on M3, don't remember on G6 but i don't why it wouldn't)
wink.gif

foundshogo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you very much to everyone who replied. I hope others got use out of this topic also. Finally....any recommendations to buy the English version that ships to the United States? I've looked around and found a few, just wondering if anyone else has found any good ones. If this topic has been beaten to death, by all means, please do not answer cause I don't wanna be flammed. haha. Thanks again everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu