2 questions about ds consoles and gba

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by s1r1u5, Jul 17, 2006.

Jul 17, 2006
  1. s1r1u5
    OP

Newcomer s1r1u5 Advanced Member

Hello again, im sorry to disturb but i cant find the topic that points me with the right direction... so here it goes
    First question...
    Everytime i want to play a gba game i can only play it in the upper screen so...
    even if i swich it (gba screen to the lower by booting on the nintendo menu), it always display the game in
    the upper screen.
    What am i missing ? do i have to hold some buttons while booting on supercard??
    Second question ...
    I noticed that if you play a gba game on ds you get a black border right?
    So the problem is that on everything that has lcds (you are encouraged on its manuals to not keep for a long time static images as they might remain as ghost or afect the lcd screen... [​IMG]
    Isn't a black border some sort of static portion of an image??
    in other words...
    that portion always black while playing the gba stuff on your ds screen will afect it with ghosting or some sort of damaging the image ???
    what is from your experience you mighty DS'ers of this planet.
    how long you use it ... any problems that you noticed until now ... (tell me your stories)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Greetings from the "plastic lawyer guy" [​IMG]

2. tshu

Member tshu On epic journey, brb.

Canada
    1) Did you make sure to confirm your changed system settings for the GBA screen? It will ask you if you would like to save the settings and when you click yes, the system shuts off. You have to do this, and cannot simply shut down manually.

2) No, the black border will not burn into your screen. It is not a static image, it's not an image at all. It's just blank space that is not being lit at all. Black cannot burn, as there is no light there at all.

3. s1r1u5
    OP

well i changed screen settings and saved and as you told, it powered off but when i boot supercard to play a gba rom, i only can play in the upper screen. [​IMG]
    So . you mean the were we see the black border is not lit? [​IMG]

4. _Oz_

Newcomer _Oz_ Member

Russia
    I had this kind of problem with M3, but it should work for Supercard as well, I think. If Supercard is compatible with GBA/NDS in GBA mode, that is.

I assume that you're using M3 and going to GBA mode by pressing Start button in M3's main menu - am I right?
    Try starting your DS in GBA mode instead - hold select (or start or start + select, can't remember exactly) when turning power on. It should turn on in GBA mode and you'll see M3's GBA menu on your bottom screen. Games will be using bottom screen as well.

5. tshu

Member tshu On epic journey, brb.

Canada
    Well it's not lit with colour or white. It's just black, it can't "burn into" the screen. Don't worry about it.

6. s1r1u5
    OP

well unfortunately im using a supercard so i think it does'nt work, but thanks ...
    Any ideas anyone?
    (i keep searching for a similar topic i saw with here with the solution for changing gba screens in with supercard but i cant find it) [​IMG]

7. richardv

Member richardv GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hold select when you boot.
    Then choose start GBA game.

8. s1r1u5
    OP

well i'll try that when i reach home to tell you thanks! [​IMG]

9. akuma99

Member akuma99 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Richardv is right if you hold select when you boot the DS will go to the main screen where you can select GBA game an it will appear on which ever screen you choose.

albertar likes this.
  10. s1r1u5
    OP

yes !!! [​IMG]
    That really did it thank you all !!!!
    and i'm sorry for being such a n00b [​IMG]
    Case closed [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. albertar

Member albertar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm so happy i found this. I have a modded nintendo ds lite where the top screen is gone, and I have an m3 perfect sd. I Thought I was doomed to not load my game onto it! Thanks a bunch!