2 Players

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Barre Burtono, Apr 20, 2010.

Apr 20, 2010

2 Players by Barre Burtono at 12:12 PM (893 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Barre Burtono
    OP

Newcomer Barre Burtono Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ok 1st of all Hello to everyone, now i dont want to run into a Buzzsaw cos this is prob a really daft question but...

I have Snes 9x GX and SDLMame Wii running fine, I can play the games fine in 1 player mode, but I have no idea how to sync a second Wii Remote when I am on these Emulators so I was wondering is it possible or not. If it means i have to buy a GC controller for £8 then so be it, I presume if i do that i can have P1 on the Wii remote and P2 on the GC controller? Its just been driving me mad not being able to sync the 2nd controller up, dying to get 2 players going on the simpson on MAME!

Cheers for any help.

2. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    have you tried syncing the 2nd controller BEFORE you enter the emulator? like when you turn on your wii and see the wii menu? thats when i sync my controllers? also why would you need to buy another gc pad? i would have thorght the emus would work with wiimotes, it obvious;y works with your 1st wiimote, why do you think it won't with the second?

3. Barre Burtono
    OP

Newcomer Barre Burtono Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply.

Yeah i sync on the Home Screen but then when i enter the HBC the 2nd controller loses its sync and wont re-sync. Then when i run the emulator the 1st controller is working fine but the 2nd wont sync. Do you think its a gammy Wii Remote? Just to clarify, for everyone else does the 2nd remote just sync as soon as you load the emu and ress the '1&2' buttons? Cheers.

4. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    how did you synced the 2nd remote ? you need to use those red sync buttons (refer to your Wii user manual) so the remote is permanently registered in the Wii configuration, otherwise (using the buttons 1+2 quick sync) it won't work as no homebrew application is able to detect remote like that.