2-Player Hotseat chess

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by nigy, Jun 2, 2007.

1. nigy
    OP

nigy Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    Is there a game/homebrew available for DS that would allow me to play chess with a friend, sitting next to me, on one DS? Ive tried Clubhouse games and chesDS and neither of them have that option avaliable. Thanks.

2. nigy
    OP

nigy Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    bump, please.

3. MaHe

MaHe one lazy schmo

Aug 4, 2006
    Slovenia
    Maribor
    Have you tried Schach (that's Chess in German)? ...

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Believe it or not I have had this open in my browser for the last 24 hours but it got misplaced.

Still, there is very little in the way of chess for the DS.
    I have a feeling there was a homebrew title a while back, no luck remembering a name though (one of the archive sites may).
    When you say chesDS do you mean schach? it does what you want.
    You already dismissed 42 All time Classics/clubhouse games/daredamo asobi taisen.

The GBA can offer you a few games as well (dexters lab chess usually finds a way onto my cards), just say the word or look at one of the release lists.

5. nigy
    OP

nigy Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    I dont have the means of booting up GBA games at the moment, but thanks.

http://www.dev-scene.com/NDS/DSChess this is what i was talking about, when i said chessDS (i meant DSchess actually)

Ill look up this "Schach" , thank you.

6. nigy
    OP

nigy Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    I cannot locate Schach, and i supose it would against the rules to explicitly ask for info?

7. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    yes its against the rules to supply rom links. Just look up a popular rom site it should be there rom #900 .