2 PCs?

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys! As some of you may have read in my previous thread i had trouble port forwarding, well not anymore!
biggrin.gif
I figured out how to port forward using a guide on some site and it worked. The problem was that i had a dynamic ip adress when i should have had a static one etc. Anyways, now i got another problem
laugh.gif
While i did in fact port forward and checked if the port was open and everything all was good, but i did read that a static ip adress can only be used by one computer? And I've got two..so my internet kinda died for a moment...i put on my old configurations again so i could acces internet and ask any of you what i should do. If i have a static ip i get a warning that 2 computers or something are using the same ip or something and that it doesn't work etc. Does anyone have any experiences in this and knows the solution? Thanks in advance ^^

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, I consider myself almost a networking expert, but you're very confusing.

Yes, you propably only have 1 internet IP. Via network address translation almost any number could communicate with that, though.

I strongly recommend you get/use a router (or an old pc with e.g. http://ipcop.org/ ) for convenience AND SECURITY reasons.

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i am pretty confused and don't really know what i'm doing but ya gotta try yaknow
nyanya.gif

Edit: Well now that i've put on my old configurations and tried to see if the port was okey and everything it said that the port was open and OK!
blink.gif
So i guess i don't really need to port forward anymore
laugh.gif

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't read your previous thread, but you don't have a router set up? How do you connect the two computers to the internet?

I just have my static IPs set to be in the same range.

192.168.1.101 is the desktop
192.168.1.102 is the laptop
192.168.1.103 is the xbox
etc

Edit: Well it looks like you've solved your problem then. Nevermind.
biggrin.gif

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just one question though, does having a dynamic ip adress affect my upload/download speed in any way? And if so is using a static ip adress any better?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on