Gaming 2 part question...

majinvegeta123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. where can i get a xbox 360 rrod fixed without sending it to Microsoft? it cause the warenty stickers broken..

2.i just bought a jtag xbox 360 and i heard someone say you cant play online with them cause of the new dash is this true? no online? sorry i really dont know much about jtags if its an obvious question

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to clarify 2)
The JTAG hacked consoles get banned just for being seen on live- with another valid keyvault you can get back online and some people took to buying stacks of vaults and getting online like that. We tend not to discuss such matters around here though.

To get on live you also need the newest dashboard available at that moment in time (or indeed the appearance of one which JTAG machines afford) which we have now but in a few days time (when kinect gets released with the new dash that is in beta at the moment becomes final) it will be replaced with an even newer one (which will get hacked and new version made in time (no idea on the timeframe mind) but live will probably be blocked entirely).

You do have the option of using system link as long as every machine joining (hosting machines can be stock) is JTAG hacked as well.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's looking unlikely you will ever be able to take a JTAG onto Xbox Live once Kinect arrives, not even for 5 minutes. The JTAG's have a rebooter which needs to be updated with components from the lastest dash. It looks unlikely there will be an updated rebooter, the current rebooter FreeBoot is abandoned and the sourcecode hasn't been released. Given some people have migrated to the PS3 since it got jailbroken, it doesn't look good for someone else to come up with a rebooter. JTAG's are really for use offline, or over system link.

For offline gaming this is less of an issue, you can strip out the $systemupdate that is included on game discs. The next version of ISO2GOD will have that as a built in option, and ISO Extract 0.6 already has it too. You can also recreate an ISO from the files ISO Extract produces, and then use ISO2GOD to install as a Game On Demand.

Even before this dashboard you couldn't realistically take them online without them being banned in a matter of hours. Because JTAG's can run unsigned code, people have used them with modded games. They then host modified lobbies allowing retailers consoles to join and hack their profiles etc, people also use them with aimbots etc so they can cheat at CODMW2 and so on. It's a waste of a JTAG.

majinvegeta123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow i was so excited to get a jtag i didnt look into it anyway thank the guy i bought it from says they will come out with a new freeboot that will allow u to go online i guess well just have to wait and see

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
He's talking rubbish. There will not be a new version of FreeBoot, the author Ikari has retired from the xbox scene. Even if there were, a JTAG taken online will be banned very quickly. You'll need to then replace it's KeyVault so it takes on the identity of another console. Because you can only get the KeyVault from a JTAG'ed console, that KeyVault itself will come from another JTAG which is why a KV will set you back $50.

I don't see the point of paying $50 to take a console online for 2-4 hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat