2 options un mod wii or open it up.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mojostyle, Jan 15, 2010.

Jan 15, 2010
  1. mojostyle
    OP

Newcomer mojostyle Member

United States
    caught in a bind here, I've modded ten or so wii's. Nand is backed up, the only problem with the nand back up is that the sd card is stuck in the dvd tray.(21 month old son...)
    modded the factory 4.0 wii have hbc installed with several other forwarders as well. Preloader installed running 0.29 ios 60 V417. none of the forwarders worked, had to load the boot.dol's through the hbc. I downgraded my ios through waninkoko, after that was done none of my boot.dol's will work.

My options are to open up the dvd tray and get the nand sd card and reload the nand. or tweak with the ios and cios. Getting a lil frustrated on my end. Help please, thank you.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Wait...Is your problem that no homebrew will load?

EDIT: USE PUNCTUATION

3. mojostyle
    OP

United States
    yeah no homebrew will load through the forwarders or through hbc. I still have the use of preloader though.

4. vegemikee

Member vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    if you have nand backed up, why dont you just restore?

5. natisfynest

Newcomer natisfynest Member

United States

Reading>you

6. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Well, you may as well open it up and dig your card out.

Also, there is no reason you should have used IOS Downgrader. It's an outdated application that doesn't serve much of a purpose these days. Stick to the more recent methods of Wii modding like the Trucha Bug Restorer or you'll end up in a worse bind in the future.

7. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    first i would try to fish out the sd card with tweezers. you can remove the front panel of the wii to get a little better access to the dvd drive.

if you are unable to get the sd card out with that method, then you are looking at taking the drive apart. not just opening up the wii, but probably disassembling the drive. what i would do is take the drive apart. and if you cant put it back together, just buy a new drive. if you are not up to that, you can do your best to clean up the homebrew traces in the wii and let nintendo have a whack at it.

8. mojostyle
    OP

United States
    I ordered a tri wing screw driver from deal exteme on 12-20-09. took like fifteen minutes to disassemble the wii, open the dvd shroud, and another five to reassemble. followed this tutorial for disassembling the wii.
    reloaded the nand, and now I'm happily back to square one.