2 new custom firmwares released for PSP; NOT m33!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Dec 22, 2008.

Dec 22, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    "During the tail end of November, the latest official PSP firmware version (5.02) was released and subsequently decrypted. It doesn't look like a big enough update to warrant an M33 release, but two separate custom firmware versions of the 5.02 firmware have since popped up on the QJ.NET forums.

The first comes from XiaoFeiChong. According to the forums, this is a recompiled M33 firmware. The most interesting thing about this release, however, is that it does not support backups. No ISOs, no CSOs, no nothing. If you want to run CFW but don't want the lure of piracy, you may consider giving this a try.

The next one is from a group calling themselves Team Omega. Again, it's 5.02, but it still has support for backups. There's also some "new support for PSX games" mentioned on the forum post along with bug warnings for the pops, but the explanation is a bit hard to wade through. If you update to this, be aware that a lot of your homebrew and plugins will end up broken, as is usually the case with firmware updates.

If you want to learn more about these two custom firmware releases, I recommend clicking on their respective forum links below before you download and install them on your PSP. Still, don't forget to keep a jigkick battery handy."

XiaoFeiChong's CFW
    Team Omega's CFW

Source

2. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    Hmm...I was hoping for something better....Team Omega's CFW sounds interesting.
    Edit: Looks like BS, I'll stay with m33.

3. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I think I'm just gonna stick with m33 since that's the most widely used one. Omega firmware sounds interesting, but I don't play THAT much PSX, and the only game I ever had problems with was Disc 1 of FFVIII

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    WHAT THE ??

so basically they DE COMPILED/DECRYPTED DAX's hard work and badged it as their own ?!

now WHERE HAVE I HEARD THAT BEFORE??? .... oh yeah R4 CLONES!!! ...

so this is the R4/clone team again?! [​IMG]

so... ones custom firmware that does not play downloaded games?! and the point of that is ??? ... NOTHING defeats the object of CFW!

2nd one NEW SUPPORT for PSX? huh mine works fine not had an issue as yet so why change something THAT IS NOT BROKEN!?

*waits for another 1000 rebadged PSP CFW releases*

5. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    Well, kobykaan, people don't want to pirate because they think it is immoral. They love homebrew.
    The r4 people are in the DS scene.
    Also, they did not really rebadge it as their own. They called it a modification from the m33 with 5.02
    Now new support for the PSX, maybe they fixed some games with problems. I don't know about that one.

Why fix something that's not broken? Because you want to upgrade it, like adding features. Someone juts mentioned problems with ff8.

This is also not really rebadged, as they have recompiled it with 5.02. Sure, they have modified it, but imitation is the best form of flattery. (Did i get that expression right?) Maybe some people want the new 5.02. Those people might want this. I can't really see why, but some people want it.

Just saying.
    I don't care for both anyways.

6. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    A custom firmware (two even) other than m33 doesn't have all the features of m33? Why am I not surprised?