$2 million dollars but if Hell exists you go there when you die

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by RemixDeluxe, Dec 6, 2016.

?
  1. $2 million dollars, see you guys in Hell

37 vote(s)
    61.7%
  2. No thank you, I cant take the heat

23 vote(s)
    38.3%
  1. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    I would do that for half that. I'm already going to Hell anyway.

2. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    hmm,will,it depends if i will stay for hell for ever or not.
    but in most of religions that hell exist in them,you only will stay in hell if you did something really bad.

so i will go to hell anyway,thanks for the money.

3. Amapola62

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    What makes everybody here think they are going to Hell? I don't think anyone here commited acts that are so bas as to be deserving of hell...

4. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    I'm homosexual, that alone gives me a ticket to hell in a lot of religions. Sometimes you don't need to do something that bad per-se for a religion to think you're hell-worthy.

5. SomecallmeBerto

SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA
    Well for me I'm an atheist so there is that. I will take the money since I'm going....if there is such a place.

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    2 million US is not the most money, assuming I live 50 more years then 40K a year and many places I would like to live have rather expensive houses to buy first so there is that. Maybe if I could get that much into a normal account I might make enough off the interest and it is otherwise doable if I live relatively frugally (2 million is around that of a lottery win in many cases and look how many of those end up bankrupt). That also assumes a life of leisure, if I did some work during all that then that gets a bit easier. Similarly without inflation, at 2% inflation (high but not unreasonable) then the equivalent of 40K today would be just shy of 108K in 2066 (40K then has the buying power of about 15K today if that means more to you).

But yeah my lazy arse would be hellbound should it be a thing, not necessarily because I am complete bastard but because the rules seem almost completely arbitrary and open to the interpretation, albeit by those other than the one supposed to be following them, and usually with a vested interest in compliance of the subjected. Not to mention even if I only restrict myself to the Abrahamic faiths they all conflict quite seriously at points. To that end then assuming I can control myself it would only make sense to take it.

Should hell be a thing then because God loves you it is a place of infinite and eternal torment. Probably best to avoid that. I mean you will probably be bored either way but as much as your mum wanted pain =/= pleasure for me.

"tax free and unmarked cash"
    If it is tax free then why does unmarked matter? Marked is only really relevant if it is the proceeds of a crime. For the above I assumed it was a legit venture that could be stuck into a bank account. I can live pretty well on cash in the UK at this point (rent, bills, food, taxes, all doable with cash) but interacting with systems in the US seemed to want a bank account. 2 million is a lot of money to launder via small methods and probably not enough to do a real one. I would rather not have cost of money laundry in my search history but 20% is a good bet for that kind of range.

7. Amapola62

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    I get going to Hell for serious crimes like murder or rape, but what crime did everyone commit here apart from downloading a couple of games?

I am agnostic...I don't know wether God exists or not...

Last edited by Amapola62, Dec 6, 2016
  8. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Have you read the bible recently? It really doesn't take that much to end up in hell.

9. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    i.e. Don't go to church on sundays, deny God's existence, be unfaithful, it can be due to a lot of stuff...

Last edited by Alex658, Dec 6, 2016
  10. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Add to that list innocently believing in the wrong skydaddy because you were born in a country that hasn't been 'blessed' by missionaries bringing their message of peace/love/damnation.

Alex658 likes this.
  11. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

pip Contributor
    Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
    Only if there's no heaven. I'll take eternal suffering over eternal nothingness; money be damned.

12. Zoloco

Zoloco Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    Zoloco is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 27, 2009
    United States
    It's a deal!

13. DavidRO99

DavidRO99 Average Ryzen user.

Jun 11, 2016
    Korea, North
    your back-door
    Sheit. I dont really go to church but I belive in God. Also God is spelt with a capital letter. Altough, when I do go to church I just get this fuzzy type feeling.

14. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Whoops, forgot to spell check. Anyway my point stands.

15. Amapola62

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    If only Hell and Karma went hand in hand...doing bad acts would make you loose Karma and when you loose too much you get to hell after death while good acts gets you good karma and the chance to get to heaven, and if you are in the middle you get reincarnated...
    Unfortunately that's not how it works in the Bible...

16. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    That depends whether you're using the word as a proper noun to refer to an actual living being, or as an abstract concept. For this reason, I find it extremely irritating that my phone, iPad and computer all seem to assume the former and automatically capitalise the word 'god' whenever I write it.

17. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    hell is not for people committed bad crimes,even lying or stealing is a sin(at least in many religions).
    in my religion,most people are going to hell but the time is vary from person to another,maybe just a small dip in the hell or maybe years.

18. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    You are overcomplicating things

19. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    My point was that besides from those, there are other stuff that have the same effect as well.

20. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I dunno, the religion they worship? I mean is just a what if siutuation, since the title says "IF hell exist" So is just someone believe is possible. Maybe there is no concequence after death, is just what someone believes at this point cause is hard to believe something they cannot fully understand or know exist without seeing or learning.

That why i said it shouldn't be that if it exist but that you are going if you choose to take the money.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted