2 limited edition Breath of the Wild artbook bundles appear on Amazon and Gamestop

collector1.jpg

Dark Horse Books have created two special edition artbook packages themed around The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild now up for preorder at Gamestop and Amazon. Though the contents of the full bundle differ quite a bit between the two versions, since both artbooks are titled "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild--Creating a Champion" and share the same publisher, it's assumed that the contents of the artbooks is identical. Pictured above is the edition exclusive to Gamestop, which costs $150 USD and includes a gold-leaf artbook featuring content from the game's second DLC, The Champion's Ballad, a cloth tapestry featuring Calamity Ganon, and art print featuring all the champions, and four glass orbs with laser etched symbols of the divine beasts in the center to represent the four champion's powers you accrue through liberating the game's divine beasts. From the store page:
The Champion's Edition:
  • COLLECTOR'S BOX: Burnished leather with gold foil embellishments.
  • CREATING A CHAMPION ART BOOK: Features gold gilded page edges.
  • CALAMITY GANON TAPESTRY: Printed and cloth; measures 39.5" x 22".
  • THE CHAMPIONS ART PRINT: An all-new illustration by Takumi Wada.
  • SIX MINI PRINTS: Featuring Zelda, Link, Mipha, Revali, Daruk, and Urbosa.
  • FOUR CHAMPION ORBS: Each glass orb features a laser etching of one of the Divine Beast symbols and measures 1.5" in diameter.

collector2.jpg

The second edition available on Amazon, featured above, differs slightly in the contents included within. This edition costs $100 USD, and features a blue slipcase modeled after the design of Link's tunic, a cloth map of Hyrule, an art print of the photo of all the champions with which Link decorates his home in Hateno village, and a glass replica of a spirit orb, larger than the individual orbs of the previous edition. This is, of course, all in addition to the artbook itself, featuring a different cover design. From the Amazon online page, the artbook is said to include; "nearly 50 pages of sketches and official illustrations from Takumi Wada, 296 Pages of design artwork and commentary about the making of the game from creators, a 55 Page historical section that divulges an in-depth history of the Hyrule of Breath of the Wild, and interviews with key members of the development team, including Hidemaro Fujibayashi, Satoru Takizawa, Takumi Wada, and Eiji Aonuma."

:arrow:Source (Gamestop)
:arrow:Source (Amazon)

Last edited by Meteor7,

AT-LOWDeSu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Artbooks tend to be expensive, so I don't really consider them overpriced. But I don't really see myself buying them, as i'm only a moderate zelda fan.

I still have a few other RPG's to purchase artbooks for before I hit zelda..

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love both of them but they're $60 and $30 overpriced, respectively. I can't justify spending at least $100 on either of the two editions, even though I consider myself a hardcore fan

Same here. I pre-ordered the original artbook for $15 when it first went on on Amazon. Between these latest two and the $100 NES Encyclopedia edition I drew the line, at this point it feels like they are just trying to take advantage of people.

Reactions: Hardline

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here. I pre-ordered the original artbook for $15 when it first went on on Amazon. Between these latest two and the $100 NES Encyclopedia edition I drew the line, at this point it feels like they are just trying to take advantage of people.
Well, both of these are limited editions and contain extra stuff, so a much higher price is kind of justified. I just feel like they really overshot the price point that most people would willingly pay

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are both nice collections. I'm just not sure I want yet another collection of BOTW. Right now, I'd rather save for a third switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16