Pickle12122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the deal.
I have two broken Wiis that I want to get repaired by NOA.

One is on 3.3u with no hacks installed and a bad DVD drive.
I'm pretty sure there's a problem with the system because it broke my other drive. More on that later...
It has a custom case on it.
I called Nintendo about it and they said $80-210 to fix it because it's out of warranty and modified.

My other console is bricked from installing a bad wad that I made. (No preloader, don't ask.)
Its DVD drive has a Wiikey 2 on it but the drive stopped working after putting it in Wii #1.
I have the homebrew channel and some other custom channels on it.

They are both out of warranty.

I was thinking of putting the first Wii in the second Wii's case.
Once I get that one back it'll have a one year warranty so I can switch the insides again.
My bricked Wii can probably have its files recovered so I was thinking about the 9v to the nand chip trick.
I can say there was a power surge.
Is there any way they could figure out it's a different wii?
Also, can anybody on 4.0 autoboot any discs? (With or without a modchip)

What do you guys think?
Is this all too planned out or should I just do it the right way and send them in as they are?

Thanks to anybody that had the patience to read this or respond.
smile.gif

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Remove the Wiikey 2 and send them in.
It's too much work otherwise. BTW if you leave a modchip in there then it'll be removed and not given back to you.

Pickle12122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
remove mod chip and everythin and say it stopped werkin after u updated to v4.0....werked fer me

Did yours say system files corrupted or did it only show a black screen?
Mine has the system files corrupted screen.

QUOTE(wiiman123 @ Apr 27 2009, 09:26 PM) VERY IMPORTANT .... remove wiikey2 and delete EVERYTHING you installed with anytitle deleter. Including homebrew channel, all channels, VC, wiiware, disc titles, dvdx, cios, twiligh hack... and format your wii.

You can face heavy penalties read up... http://hackmii.com/2009/04/warranty/

That's why I was thinking of erasing everything off the nand with a 9v battery.

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buy a new wii and don't mess with it at all.

you obviously have bad luck/skill with physically and softmodding your wiis =p

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotten that system files corrupt msg once , and I was like FUCK , but my system seems to be working fine though.... I got that msg when using wani's updater for 4.0 when it first came out..... I just held the power button in and restarted it

Pickle12122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
franky86 said:
buy a new wii and don't mess with it at all.

you obviously have bad luck/skill with physically and softmodding your wiis =p

It's more along the bad luck side of things. I've messed up so much stuff...

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check here to see if a SaveMii (or a disassembled Gamecube controller) can help... Sonic and the Black Knight and Madworld have 3.4 on them I believe.

If that trick is of use then just buy a replacement drive, drop it in the bricked Wii and recover.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You bricked your wii with a bad wad that you designed yourself? Sounds like you got what you had coming beta testing your your wad without preloader installed.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just order a new drive for the one with a broken drive (you can get them from deal extreme). If you really just want to send it in, I have seen original cases for sale somewhere on the tubes (don't remember where)
For the other one, take out the modchip and 9v the nand (unless you have your nand AES key in which case there are some other options all of which involve flashing your nand with an infecuts). It might be possible to put in a working drive and run an ATD disk, but I'm not sure (and that would take a lot of effort).
Switching insides is prolly not a good idea, I think the SN is backed onto the mobo.

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
I got that msg once due to a bad wad. If you know what caused it and it was a wad and you have a modchip you can fix it.

Just get the autoboot wad manager iso. Burn it and let it boot off it. Then remove the bad wad that coused the problem and you are back in business. Otherwise I don't know if anyone has a autoboot downgrader iso. That could save your ass too.

Pickle12122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:
I would just order a new drive for the one with a broken drive (you can get them from deal extreme). If you really just want to send it in, I have seen original cases for sale somewhere on the tubes (don't remember where)
For the other one, take out the modchip and 9v the nand (unless you have your nand AES key in which case there are some other options all of which involve flashing your nand with an infecuts). It might be possible to put in a working drive and run an ATD disk, but I'm not sure (and that would take a lot of effort).
Switching insides is prolly not a good idea, I think the SN is backed onto the mobo.

Deal extreme looks good for a drive. I'd like to be able to get my hands on an original case so if you ever remember the site let me know. I'm hoping I can autoboot a WAD manager disc once I get a drive. I'll probably need to use my modchip. But savemiifrii might work too.
Thanks for that info

Pickle12122

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm thinking about buying a Flatmii. I'm not sure if it would let me autoboot discs the right way or not. Does anybody have one or know of somebody that does?
I wonder if it can autoboot without first getting to the system menu...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.