Hacking 2 acekards 2i one DS on DSi

zetachi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two acekard2i's one in a DS one in a DSi. I upgraded to Akaio 1.8 and the Ds works fine but the Dsi comes up with red screen and says that I may have a fake Acekard. The DSi was and still does work with previous version of software.

Anyone seen this before or have a solution?

Thanks

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sorry, but what you describe is exactly what happens with the HWID 80 Actel Clones. Insert it into your DS, and it should say Acekard 2 and not Acekard 2i in the DS Menu. Run your finger over the Acekard sticker, and you'll notice there's a square window underneath.

zetachi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
I'm sorry, but what you describe is exactly what happens with the HWID 80 Actel Clones. Insert it into your DS, and it should say Acekard 2 and not Acekard 2i in the DS Menu. Run your finger over the Acekard sticker, and you'll notice there's a square window underneath.

Does that mean it's not upgradeable? I'm SOL? or is there a work around?

Thanks

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zetachi said:
tk_saturn said:

Does that mean it's not upgradeable? I'm SOL? or is there a work around?

Thanks
I think he means that the "Ak2i" is actually a clone AceKard 2.1 that has been made to work with the DSi.
And if I'm right, that means there is no way to update the firmware (since it's a 2.1 not 2i).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b