2,5" Seagate freeagent Goflex 1,5to. shut down when i quit applica

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by MrKill, Sep 17, 2012.

1. MrKill
    OP

Member MrKill GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    My HDD WD 1,5to died yesterday and i transfert all my games and roms on my girlfriend Seagate freeagent Goflex external hdd. It works somekind of well on wiimc for movies, but sometimes I have to unplug and reconnected it on the wii to get it working because it disapears.

Dios mios seems incompatible with this hardware, I hope a future update will correct this.

Didnt try Wii games really, I just started a random games to see if it will start, and it started, so it seems good on it.

But when i go on Homebrew channel after using wiiflow or anything else, the wii doesnt recognize the HDD, when It do, if I go on Snex9xGX (or any emulator) it doesnt see the HDD, its seems off (but the lights on it is still ON.

AND YES, before you ask, I put the APM fonction on "Never" so it will not go on sleep mode.

Its seems to shut down btw when i quit any application, are when a start one.
    I have also made sure my 1 partition is Active and Primary.
    Any help on this?

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I've had the same issues with a 1tb portable go flex 3.0 drive. Tried 2 different drives and both behaved the same way.
    I assume its the go flex adapter causing the issues.

3. MrKill
    OP

Canada
    yeah, i just find this http://gbatemp.net/t.../page__st__1170, so The problem is the 3.0 cable, I assume that a 2.0 adapter would fix the problem? It is possible to find/buy one? Or is there another solution? Something i can do?

edit: I heard about MBR and GPT, i will try to see if my HDD is on GPT. It looks like it should be MBR.
    It is MBR allready.

Danm, still cant find a solution here.

4. MrKill
    OP

Canada
    What i understand so far, its the adapter causing the problem. Is they any wayt to buy a 2.0 (only) adapter?