2,5" Seagate freeagent Goflex 1,5to. shut down when i quit applica

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by MrKill, Sep 17, 2012.

1. MrKill
    OP

MrKill GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    Canada
    My HDD WD 1,5to died yesterday and i transfert all my games and roms on my girlfriend Seagate freeagent Goflex external hdd. It works somekind of well on wiimc for movies, but sometimes I have to unplug and reconnected it on the wii to get it working because it disapears.

Dios mios seems incompatible with this hardware, I hope a future update will correct this.

Didnt try Wii games really, I just started a random games to see if it will start, and it started, so it seems good on it.

But when i go on Homebrew channel after using wiiflow or anything else, the wii doesnt recognize the HDD, when It do, if I go on Snex9xGX (or any emulator) it doesnt see the HDD, its seems off (but the lights on it is still ON.

AND YES, before you ask, I put the APM fonction on "Never" so it will not go on sleep mode.

Its seems to shut down btw when i quit any application, are when a start one.
    I have also made sure my 1 partition is Active and Primary.
    Any help on this?

2. icebrg5

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 1, 2007
    United States
    I've had the same issues with a 1tb portable go flex 3.0 drive. Tried 2 different drives and both behaved the same way.
    I assume its the go flex adapter causing the issues.

3. MrKill
    OP

MrKill GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    Canada
    yeah, i just find this http://gbatemp.net/t.../page__st__1170, so The problem is the 3.0 cable, I assume that a 2.0 adapter would fix the problem? It is possible to find/buy one? Or is there another solution? Something i can do?

edit: I heard about MBR and GPT, i will try to see if my HDD is on GPT. It looks like it should be MBR.
    It is MBR allready.

Danm, still cant find a solution here.

4. MrKill
    OP

MrKill GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    Canada
    What i understand so far, its the adapter causing the problem. Is they any wayt to buy a 2.0 (only) adapter?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice