Hacking 2.3B update procedure question

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Hey all.

So I have a sysnand 4.2 working fine with the latest gateway before this last update. I am running emunand and its working great except for the ability to update emunand to the latest version.

From what im on, what is the update procedure?

Just replace the gateway.dat file, boot into gateway mode then when in emunand run the update from system settings? Do I need to re-run anything I setup initially with the blue card or any of that?

Thanks all!

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Hey all.

So I have a sysnand 4.2 working fine with the latest gateway before this last update. I am running emunand and its working great except for the ability to update emunand to the latest version.

From what im on, what is the update procedure?

Just replace the gateway.dat file, boot into gateway mode then when in emunand run the update from system settings? Do I need to re-run anything I setup initially with the blue card or any of that?

Thanks all!
Nope, you don't have to use bluecard. Just replace launcher.dat and then update emunand..

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Cool so just to be 100% clear here

- Replace the launcher.dat
- Boot into gateway mode with emunand
- Enable wifi and run the nintendo updater?

This right^

Thanks!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just remember to make sure you have emunand set up already or you will update your system nand

basically you boot into gateway mode, go to system settings and make sure it shows a "GW3D" on the system settings version instead of "Ver." if it says "Ver." you will need to enter the gateway menu and select format emunand (backup all you SD contents first and copy them back on afterwards)

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
And... Worked great!! Thanks all! Am I to understand I can access the eshop to download SteelDiver for free or should I just stay away from online alltogether?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4